R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745
Default tekin brushless racing system???

does anyone know anythign about the tekin brushless racing systems coming out? they are real inexpensive, but im nto sure if they will be good. any thoughts on it?

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
Team Tekin

Yes of course they will be good! I've driven them and I was very happy. It will be very compact, efficient and affordable. The onboard temp sensor is a very innovative and should help choose gearing options. I know it will be worth the wait....they are due out very very soon.
Randy Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
Tech Elite

are they sensored? yeah they are a good price. i can preorder one now for $90! thast half what i would pay for a mamba right now. are they goign to need a certain gearing range?

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Searles

They are sensorless.....the Tekin uses different technology to "see" the motor. If you are looking at Tower's website, what appears to be the brushless system is actually just the motor. If you are looking at something that is about $90, then more than likely that is what you are talking about.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
Tech Elite

o ok. well might be more expensive than i can take right now

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 01-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Searles

I understand where you're coming from....but if you could swing it they would be a great investment. You would not be constantly cutting comms, replacing brushes......that stuff adds up over time. Of course you know what you can do, more than anyone else would.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

StreetRacer-Your original post shows the Tekin to be Inexpensive.It is for what you get but what you thought to be $90.00 is more like $260.00.
Just dont want anyone to be mislead.

Old Wise Tale is:
If it sounds TOOOO good to be TRUE then it probally IS!

Take your time to look at listings,ads and such.
There is no way a company could sell a Brushless system for $90.00.

The Tekin system is going to be a lil over $250.00-$270.00 depending on where purchased.
If you look on Tower it was Tower's fault for showing Brushless SYSTEM for $84.99 so I can see where you may have thought this.
But please understand that when a 1/18th scale brushless system is selling for $149.99 I doubt a 1/10th scale system would sell for less.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #8
Tech Elite

yeah it deffinetly had me wondering. and i run a brushless in my car, so i know the benefits of it. thanks though. and i dont think i can afford another $250 system. my lrp/reedy was too much anyways, i cant afford another oen that expensive.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS