R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-10-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default San Jose or Bay Area Offroad?

I heard some guy saying at the local hobby shop that onroad was dead and that there was 5 offroad tracks for every 1 onroad track.
He also said that offroad was really booming.
The guy took off before I could ask.
Where are these tracks? I have heard of Zero except Gilroy, which I'm not even sure about.
Where is the racing in San Jose/Bay Area? What Classes?
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thats false in the bay area. There is more onroad then offroad for now.What shop where you at?

Delta rc in Antioch has thier offroad and thats it for the bay area if you want to race.If your not a racer,the local flying field in Fremont has a track.Not well groomed but very usable for fun. There will be a track at NorCal hobbies that will be for racing.They are in Union City.The propose to start building the offroad in the early spring.So the possibilties are there but onroad racing in the bay is still more popular for now.
racenut123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

There have been talks about an indoor electric offroad track at www.rcracing.com but I don't think it will happen due to the sheer effort required to pull it off successfully.

As racenut said, its pretty much Delta RC in Antioch. They are racing at the Arena right now though. I wish there were more offroad tracks in the south bay as well.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
Tech Master

I joined Bay Side RC in fremont. The track is pretty good these days & the guys there have reworked the track at least 3 times this year. It is as good a surface as delta's outdoor track they use in the summer (but not as big). They do not race but there are about 20 guys there every Sunday bashing. For racing its delta only as of now. Delta's winter track is alot of fun this year but it's a long way to drive so I don't go up often. Some guys are still bashing on Andy Morgan Hill track but there is no drivers stand so you stand on the elevated pit lane. Gilroy's hobby world has been closed for like 3 years.
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123
Thats false in the bay area. There is more onroad then offroad for now.What shop where you at?

Delta rc in Antioch has thier offroad and thats it for the bay area if you want to race.If your not a racer,the local flying field in Fremont has a track.Not well groomed but very usable for fun. There will be a track at NorCal hobbies that will be for racing.They are in Union City.The propose to start building the offroad in the early spring.So the possibilties are there but onroad racing in the bay is still more popular for now.
Antioch is no where near the BayArea. My dad and I used to go there every weekend when I was younger and he lives in Brentwood, and it took us 30min.
MarkieMark231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #6
Tech Elite

http://www.norcalrcchamps.com/
Old 01-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, thats horrible. Nothing in San Jose?
Antioch would be like an hour away during off-peak hours.
I would hate to drive up there during any part of drive time.
I could have swore I saw a track in San Jose in front of some hobby shop in the parking lot.
However this was like 4-5 years ago maybe longer. Probably gone.
Where is that Fremont track? That would only be like 30 minutes.
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:23 AM   #8
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMike
I joined Bay Side RC in fremont. The track is pretty good these days & the guys there have reworked the track at least 3 times this year. It is as good a surface as delta's outdoor track they use in the summer (but not as big). They do not race but there are about 20 guys there every Sunday bashing. For racing its delta only as of now. Delta's winter track is alot of fun this year but it's a long way to drive so I don't go up often. Some guys are still bashing on Andy Morgan Hill track but there is no drivers stand so you stand on the elevated pit lane. Gilroy's hobby world has been closed for like 3 years.
Do they have a website?
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:31 AM   #9
jko
Tech Apprentice

http://www.baysidercclub.com/
jko is offline   Reply With Quote