Wiki Posts
Search

receiver Noise ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default receiver Noise ??

Just built my tb-02..
Put a new servo in it and im using the receiver from my Traxxas so i can use the same radio control and its making a whining noise... I dont know if thats normal or if its just because its a traxxas part.. lol it shouldnt make a difference.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You might have broken a gear inside the servo. Did you hit a wall or something that what will damage the servo.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catchm3srt
Just built my tb-02..
Put a new servo in it and im using the receiver from my Traxxas so i can use the same radio control and its making a whining noise... I dont know if thats normal or if its just because its a traxxas part.. lol it shouldnt make a difference.
The servo is making the noise? or the receiver? If it's the servo (and it's new) does it happen to be a digital servo? If so, that noise is standard for digital servos, you're hearing it register its location and hold along its swing. Just means it's working correctly.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

first no I havnt hit a wall. just finished the chassis yesturday and put the motor and electronics in. it sounds like its coming from the servo but if you move the controller towards the car and away it makes the whining noise and when you turn the wheels it does it and goes for like a second after you let it go.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Initiate

oh and the servo iis a programmable hitec..
Old 01-10-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sounds like the servo to me.....make sure you set the end points for the servo on your radio right. Servos do make noise though, especially digital ones
Old 01-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

well I looked over the problems on the list in the directions n iit says it may be a bad receiver.. I'm using the receiver from my jato like ii said above so I hope that's the problem because it won't even let me program it to the ecm. it only turns but don't drive..