Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Will the inferno 777 rear shocktower fit a 7.5?? >

Will the inferno 777 rear shocktower fit a 7.5??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will the inferno 777 rear shocktower fit a 7.5??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Will the inferno 777 rear shocktower fit a 7.5??

basically, ive been looking into a replacement rear shocktower for my kanai, because the racers edge one that was on it had all the upper shock mounting holes on one side break out leaving a gaping hole there. I called racers edge and they told me to send it in and they will send a replacement. the problem is that they dont have the 7.5 ones anymore.
It seems like the rear shocktower for a 777 would work ok on the 7.5 series infernos.
Both bugies use the same bulkheads and wingmounts, so the towers should definitely be interchangeable. I understand that the towers have different geometry due to the different length shocks in the 777 vs the 7.5.
I am not even using kyosho shocks on my kanai anyways, so would it work for me to get a 777 rear shocktower for use on my kanai 3?
From looking at every picture out there on the net for aftermarket towers, the holes for mounting to the bulkhead and rear upper arms are pretty much identical. Maybe a couple different mounting locations for the upper arms, and slightly taller overall tower size.

can anyone verify they would work on my kanai?

thanks so much for the help!!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes, they will fit. Just use the flat head screws (the 777SP2 is counter sunk) and play with the settings (I believe that the SP2 has a few more options than the K3) and all will be good.