Wiki Posts
Search

Family?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (71%+)
Default Family?

I know that this is a weird question but is there a way to get people that have no interest in r/c interested in the hobby? My wife doesn't like hearing about my days at the track but I want her to get involved in the hobby. I would like to buy her her own truck so we can go out and send a day together at the track. She's told me before that if I buy her a car that she will go with me. Thanks for reading.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

What is her hobby? Have you offered to spend time with her doing that if she'd spend time doing yours?

Keep in mind that your hobby is generally just your hobby. make sure you have the kitchen pass before you go out with the boys.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

lol, I use to have the same problem but then my wife worked out that since I spend so much time with R/C she would just stay with me to have her time with me

Cheers
Old 01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi bro! My wife aint interested with my rc passion.,(sometimes obsession,,heheh!),., doesnt like goin' to the local dusty track either,,but still like always ,,., she ,along with my kid supports me in some ways.Like she Cleans the tires, washes the airfilters, bodyshell,,etc..,my kid likes to stand beside me on the drivers stand whenever she tags along.,, My point is,,, thought they're not interested,,,they are for sure supportive. Hope this helps abit and keep squeezin' that gas trigger,, okioki?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You both can take turns learning about RC. What does she like to do for a hobby.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Find something easy to drive(slow) and paint a body with her in mind. I see a couple wives at the track on a regular basis. They help their husbands/boyfriends, and a couple even race! Mine hates getting dirty, so she doesn't hang out...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (71%+)

Thanks for the replys! I'm just going to get her a XXX-T with a 19T motor. She just told that she's willing to learn how to drive. She's never wanted to drive my r/c's before because all of them were decked out she knew they were worth a pretty penny. LOL! Thanks for your reply's.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have the same problem. My fiance is an amature photographer, so i always tell her to come down to the track and take pictures, but even that doesn't always work. Once associated comes out with another truck to replace the T4 (or if i get around to getting a new T4) i may set up my old one for her to try out and see if she likes it.