R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Whats a good Battery?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/143383-whats-good-battery.html)

Bighomedog11 01-06-2007 09:24 AM

Whats a good Battery??

Hey guys, I have a XTM electric X-C. And i have a 7.2v 2000 mAh Ni-Cd battery. I am wondering whats a good battery for longer run times? This truck is all stock still have not started to upgrade it. but I am wondering whats a good bettery that has longer run times? The battery they I have know it will give me about a good 30 mins or run time or soo.

AllanC 01-06-2007 09:32 AM

ummm.... you could try 3800's or 4200's

Bighomedog11 01-06-2007 09:37 AM

Alright ya. Were can i get one of those batterys from? And also will they work find with a Stock ESC? I also will need to get a new charger to charge up those high mAh batterys

D Hunt 3 01-06-2007 01:10 PM

Check out Rematch Racing (in my sig). They have some 3800 sport pack blowout packs which would be twice as good as your current packs for a great price. For a charge check out the LRP pulsar's or Competition Eltronics chargers.

David

Drift_Buggy 01-06-2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bighomedog11
Alright ya. Were can i get one of those batterys from? And also will they work find with a Stock ESC? I also will need to get a new charger to charge up those high mAh batterys

Do you know if you charger can charge nicad and nimh?

Cheers

Bighomedog11 01-06-2007 03:04 PM

Alright. I will try to get a new battery a 3800 or a 4200. And yes my Charger can handle both. Also what are some good ESC and a motor to get? A ESC that has reverse that i can enable and disable it if i want to. I am looken for a good fast motor. I might order all the stuff at 1 time just depends. I just got the truck soo i might keep the stock alittle bit longer :) But its fun just need longer run time..

Drift_Buggy 01-06-2007 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bighomedog11
Alright. I will try to get a new battery a 3800 or a 4200. And yes my Charger can handle both. Also what are some good ESC and a motor to get? A ESC that has reverse that i can enable and disable it if i want to. I am looken for a good fast motor. I might order all the stuff at 1 time just depends. I just got the truck soo i might keep the stock alittle bit longer :) But its fun just need longer run time..

What is your budget on the motor and esc?

Cheers

Bighomedog11 01-06-2007 03:49 PM

Well i not really sure. Just give me a couple of links or places to get good motors. and ESC and i will see how much i can spend I am not 100% sure how much i can spend know. Are 19t motors fast? I might do my shopping at www.stormerhobbies.com but not sure though. There prices seem good. But i dont know.

I need to get a New Charger bad. The ony I have sucks it takes 5 hours to charge Ni-Cd battterys and 7.5 hours for the other kind of battery. Witch is way too long.

emaxx fan06 01-06-2007 05:40 PM

radio shack has 3300's for $25... cant beat that for fun.

catchm3srt 01-06-2007 06:28 PM

same question.. but running a high output motor needing lots of juice.. lol

Whats the best brand ya think to get? or does it not matter.. just gotta get a intellect 4200.. or 2 ...

Bighomedog11 01-06-2007 06:33 PM

ya emaxx. Theres were i got my 2000 mAh from. It came with a wall charger but it takes like 5 hours to charge. What is a good fast motor to get? And ESC with reverse that i can enable and disable? I dont race yet i just play with it at the park and in the naighborhood soo thats why i need reverse. But if i do want to race and if we cant have reverse ill disable it :)

catchm3srt 01-06-2007 06:48 PM

I have the Novak GTB... You can use a brushless or brushed motor and im pretty sure theres a setting for using reverse or not. If ur gonna do racing then dont even bother. I was looking for a servo to and i was told that if ur racing on the track they just have guys turn ur car ect and plus it costs a little more for a servo with reverse anyways so its ur choice..

Halve 01-06-2007 07:42 PM

A good way to save a little money when you ready to go racing is, try looking on E-Bay for your things you want to upgrade. Just make sure you know the original prince of the item you are looking at, so you can get to best deal. Good luck.