Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
throttle servo locup >

throttle servo locup

throttle servo locup

Old 01-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

throttle servo locup

Ok, after my driving into the water/car running away
ordeal i thought the problems where done. My car was working great, Got it tuned in perfect (thanks to 4u2nv). I drove it arond the yard several times everything worked perfect. So i decieded to get my freind and drive it again when, i started to loose power in the servos (the had a hard time turning) which suprised me because the batterys wern't but a few days old. I figured they where bad baterys and put some fresh ones in. Then my throttle servo started acting kinda weird. I would get to about 1/2 throttle before it started moving (not and engine problem). so i took the body off and the servo was loocked at full brake, Just like when it went in the water. I fixed it after going swimming using a blow dryer. So i used a blow dryer to dry it and it worked for about 1 second the locked again. i let it sit, same results. the i dissconected the reciever and dried it again. When i went to put the wires on ( steering servo channel 2 throttle 1) i reversd them to see if it was the servo malfuntioning or the reciever. Noting budged. Then i put them the way they should be still nothing budged. I reversed them again and the worked perfectly. which shocked me because they where in there opposite channels(the throttle still messed up). Then i put them in the right channels and the where reversed ( throttle to stear steer to throttle). then i put them the way they worked everthing worked like it should even the throttle servo i tested signal by walking away with antenna down, everything was perfect except they where on the wrong channels. also im sure the throotle servo will lock up again soon. any insight into how this happened, or what could be causing it?