R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP ME I AM DESPERATE (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/143193-please-help-me-i-am-desperate.html)

jmk654 01-04-2007 07:33 PM

PLEASE HELP ME I AM DESPERATE

i am about to get into the sport but i am overly confused. I was first set on the JATO 3.3 then it was the REVO 3.3 now my boss just bought the duratrax WARHEAD evo and said that he really likes it..... PLEASE give me some guidence here...... I heard really good things about the REVO but the WARHEAD is about a hundred dollars cheaper.....PLEASE give me some PROS and CONS on both if possible or just one......any other similar trucks that i may be intrested in?????

your help is so greatly appreciated

streetracer745 01-04-2007 07:50 PM

well if you want to compete wit ha warhead, your headed into monster trucks. what do you want to do with the truck? bash, race, both? i drive a revo. i got it when it first came out. put a 3.3 into it as soon as those came out. most powerful truck ive ever seen. none of the big block trucks compete wit hthe high reving 3.3. savage is good for bashing too. a little cheaper. so is a T-Maxx 2.5R or 3.3. i wouldnt recomend a warhead. ive heard they have very bad engine problems. get back to me on what you want to do with the truck and i can help you more

LOWGEARED 01-04-2007 07:51 PM

Just getting in to the nitro hobby? If you want good starter trucks nitro Stampede is duradle and pretty quick. Revo 3.3 is a very advanced piece of equiptment . I am curently investing in the nitro rustler 50+ mph . Have you been in the hobby with nitro expierience or do you just want the best now. Cause if your just getting in expierience with Electric models and some driving ability is a key thing to know. I Know the Savage and Revo are the top talked about in the game. I prefer TRAXXAS out of all of them so with what I know The revo 3.3 is killer.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...trx_revo33.htm

Check it out there technical service is also a thumbs up

streetracer745 01-04-2007 07:56 PM

actually lowgeared does have a good point with that. you could get an e-maxx for cheaper. its easier maintenance. and when you get good at driving and handleing a monster truck, drop a brushless system into it. it will outrun your boss's warhead and lift the front wheels up at any speed with brushless. plus e-maxx's are incredibly reliable and easy to work with. you will love it

jmk654 01-04-2007 08:04 PM

hey guys i appreciate you all helping out.....mostly i will be bashing but would probably later on get into racing the closest track is about an hour away and i work and go to school full time......i want something that is super durable out fo the box, something that is dependable, I ahve heard nothing but good things about the revo but nothing at all about the war head untill my boss came in today with it....is the revo an all around awsome truck??? he said somehting about the e-maxx but i ahvent really looked in to it....about five years ago i was into the electric buggy but i think i want into nitro because of the tinkering factor.....what do you all think????

LOWGEARED 01-04-2007 08:13 PM

Not bashing duratrax ,there probably fun to drive but Im not sure I never here to much about them either. You want durable get Traxxas like we said the support system they offer is lifetime. Just dont jump into the biggest fastest truck if you lack adiquate expierience. But its youre call If you buy the revo get the lifetime engine replacement plan just incase you do fudge. :nod:

Dtech 01-04-2007 08:17 PM

Want to tinker? Never had to tinker w/ anything more than a good ol' brushed motor and cells. As for the revo/warhead issue "go w/ what you know", and the age old one " you get what you pay for".

LOWGEARED 01-04-2007 08:23 PM

first time you run the jato 3.3 into a curb or wall ..... Most likely the damage is going to be heart dropping. Its more for on road racing not bashing.!!!!! Or flat packed dirt.

LOWGEARED 01-04-2007 08:25 PM

You can still pay top dollar for a P.O.S !!!! True ?

jmk654 01-04-2007 08:33 PM

the jato is out of the question........what i am getting out of this so far is that the revo is the way to go.......is it too much for a guy that is pretty new and never even been into nitro????

LOWGEARED 01-04-2007 08:37 PM

I wouldnt say that!!!! But if you dont have guidance it might be... Youre boss has a nitro so he knows breakn procedure .. Just dont take it all the way full throttle until you get the feel of the truck it handles great.. just take it slow watch your temps and get the breakin right.

LOWGEARED 01-04-2007 08:42 PM

Dont want to be missleading though.. I would buy one but just cant right now.... Someday maybe .. for now Ill go with the nitro rusty 2.5 Its fast as heck and all and all My opinion the best ST basher in the world.

jmk654 01-04-2007 08:42 PM

alright well it looks like it is the revo.....still open to suggestions from anybody though might be a few days until i get it thanks for the help again

LOWGEARED 01-04-2007 08:44 PM

Either drop by the Revo sight or right here theres always something we can say or do to help!

jmk654 01-04-2007 08:51 PM

hate to be a pain in the butt what about a t-maxx any good fast, reliable, durable????