Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Electric 4wd buggy, which one? >

Electric 4wd buggy, which one?

Electric 4wd buggy, which one?

Old 01-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

im actually real happy with my dark impact. it isnt full out racing buggy no. but it was easy to build and is real quick. just make sure you get a faster mod motor than what is in it. i run a 17 turn with the big spur and its fast. cheap too.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Most if not all of the race buggies are good vehicles. Each have good and bad points.

If you are looking to start in the class but not sure if you will stay in it or just don't want to spend lots of money look at these vehicles:

1. MRC / Academy SBV2 Sport (A pro is coming out in february)
2. Kyosho ZX5
3. Losi XX-4

The prices on these vehicles are not too insane ranging from approximately $250 - $350 from the MRC to the Losi and of course you can find them cheaper at various places.

As for the durability thing, the main thing that people don't seem to get is that the classes for 4wd is default mod at alot of places. If the vehicles had a spec class like 19 turn or stock there really wouldn't be that much more breakage than what you see with 2wd buggies and trucks where that class is prevalent. More speed + barriers = more breakage. The good thing about the Academy SBV2 at least is that its one durable vehicle. It will take a beating.

Good luck on whatever you choose and if you are not used to mod speeds, don't be scared to start with a good 19 turn motor in the vehicle. You will be suprised how fast you can go and well you will do with that motor versus alot of guys with mods on small to medium sized tracks or just tracks that are very technical.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetracer745
im actually real happy with my dark impact. it isnt full out racing buggy no. but it was easy to build and is real quick. just make sure you get a faster mod motor than what is in it. i run a 17 turn with the big spur and its fast. cheap too.
Have you had any dramas with yours or any breakage? I am looking at getting one

Cheers
Old 01-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

nto at all. suspension is kinda soft if your goign to be bashing and flat grounding sometimes. put heavier oil than what it comes with. ive really only bee nably to run a few batteries through. i just finished building it about a week ago and it has rained most of the time. but ive been able to jump and drive a few batteries. seems to stand up fine.ive flipped it once. went up a slopped curb while turning at full speed and it jumped. landed on the side and rolled pretty hard. didnt even affect it.