Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Got my first Nitro! Its Ready To Rebuild! HELP! >

Got my first Nitro! Its Ready To Rebuild! HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Got my first Nitro! Its Ready To Rebuild! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Got my first Nitro! Its Ready To Rebuild! HELP!

The saying should be ready to rebuild not ready to race.

Well i got a RedCatRacing Tornado BB today and boy was i excited! But what do you know when it was racing around the front left dogbone drive shaft fell out when i was breaking in the motor.... So i was like ok. I forced the dogbone back in and noticed it felt looser than the right dogbone. I was pretty mad cause i thought i wouldn't have to take anything apart this time. I was wrong.

So thats the first problem, can someone help me find out how to get the dogbone in there tighter so it stays in for good. Its the FRONT LEFT dogbone driveshaft and it is just too loose, next time i drive it it will probably come out again. It only comes out when the left wheel is FULLY turned to the left, thats it.

But thats not it. The same front left wheel doesn't turn either. It will turn sometimes but not very powerfully (and everything is connected). SOunds like teh differential doesn't it. So right now i am opening the differential as i type (not really). Can someone tell me how to fix the problem where the left wheel will hardly turn ASAP!!!

Right now it is a 3 wheel drive car with a loose dogbone, sounds pretty intimidating.

I need help REALLY SOON cause i am planning on driving it tommorow the whole day, i haven't even finished breaking in the engine yet. And the worse part is that i am having the worst headaches ive ever gotten, from the nitro gas.

HELP would be so much appreciated!!! HELP ME ASAP

THANKS!