R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-28-2006, 04:03 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up nitro r/c buggy help

hey people i am new to nitro r/c and i have just recently bought an nitro off road buggy of ebay and not yet recieved it , i dont know the brand of it but if you could plz visit this link could you tell me what this buggy would be capable of and if it is a good one thanks guys http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RC-Radio-Remo...QQcmdZViewItem

please help me out any help or tips are very welcome as i am new to this hobby thankyou people appreciate it

Last edited by random hero; 12-28-2006 at 05:19 AM.
random hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #2
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

It looks like a smartech buggy of some sort.

From what people have said, mainly about there nitro monster trucks, hasn't been really good.

I am not sure where you would get spare parts and all for it.

Best thing I could recommend as you already made the purchase is really go over the vehicle and make sure everything is threadlocked properly. Probably wouldn't hurt to do a full teardown and rebuilt. You should also talk with someone local who knows nitro and get there help starting it too.

This buggy may be a diamond in the rough, not sure. Main concern would be if you can get parts.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

ok thanx mate i looked and there were very few parts on ebay!! which isnt too god but as i said this is my first and when this one breakes i will get a better one with a known brand thanx
Old 12-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, ive not heard many good things said about the Smartech brand. Having said that, ive never seen one in action or owned one, so im not going to flame it. The best buggy is only as good as its hardest to find part

A good recommendation above to check the buggy out before running it. I'd be tempted to pull it down completely and rebuild... a supposedly innocent loose screw could cause some serious damage if whatever its attached to comes loose.

Are you in Australia?

The following sites may be of assistance in locating parts. Even the top end gear breaks stuff, so dont be too diappointed if you have a few mishaps.

http://www.fischerelectronics.com.au...ronics_027.htm

http://stores.ebay.com.au/RC-WORLD-INTERNATIONAL

Let us know how you go.
Bit_Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Thankyou mate for the links very helpful .. i have heard a few good things about these buggys and some bad points to most of the bad points leading down to loose screws and such so i am concidering pulling her down and rebuilding her .. i assume this would be very difficult and time consuming ... thanx for the pointers and yea i am in australia ,south australia
Old 12-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey random that is some sort of smartech 1/10 scale buggy. as far as parts go they are probably internet order only. cause when i first started me and couple buddies of mine started out with smartech on-road cars, very good for beginners but it wont take long you will want something faster and better, so my advice run the dogcrap out of that one until you get used to it, then get something better. cya
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by random hero
Thankyou mate for the links very helpful .. i have heard a few good things about these buggys and some bad points to most of the bad points leading down to loose screws and such so i am concidering pulling her down and rebuilding her .. i assume this would be very difficult and time consuming ... thanx for the pointers and yea i am in australia ,south australia
Time consuming, yes... difficult, no.

At the end of the day, you have to learn how to pull apart, repair and put together every part of the buggy. That goes for any kind of RC car... things wear out and things break.

So, at least, if you sit down and rebuild it, you're going to know the buggy inside and out. This will come in very handy.

As far as 1/10th nitro goes, i dont think there's any racing classes for it... but head on down to Morphet Vale when the racing starts again... check out some of the action with a full field of 1:8th buggies racing each other.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

OK will do any idea of when the next meet will be also do u race there?? cheers
Old 12-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hyper7vspec

next meet is on the 28th of febuary just come down for a look,but imo if your going to race buggy 1/8th is the only way to go mate

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
hyper7vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:51 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

yer wasnt going to race anyways oh wel should be a blast watching cheers
Old 12-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by random hero
OK will do any idea of when the next meet will be also do u race there?? cheers
As per Andrew's post regarding new racing season (altho i think its 28 Jan, not Feb).

Yes, i do race there, but in the Monster Truck class.

Here's the website for the bloke that runs the show down there (oblivion on these forums)

http://www.rc-racing.inghams.net/

Plenty of pics and videos to get you in the mood...
Old 12-29-2006, 01:45 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hyper7vspec

ahhhhh my bad its the 28th of january

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
hyper7vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:35 AM   #13
Tech Rookie

hey rusty are you racing in any of the videos on oblivions site if so which car are you cheers