R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-09-2007, 11:16 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
The B-4 is the newest design....

XX has been around for quite awhile and is getting a bit old in comparison...
Why change if it works?
b4zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #47
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4zed
Why change if it works?
Did`nt
they change the XX twice so far ?

It still needs to be change again if its to beat the B-4...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

First off we are talking about the XXX. The XX buggy has long since been gone. The XXX-CR wins its share of races too. The two buggies are very competative with each other. Winning has more to do with the driver than the buggy. Just because certain drivers are winning with the B4 does not mean the B4 is superior to the CR. Just that those drivers are better. If you look at most races Losi places respectively and wins sometimes too.
Associated TC7.1
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #49
Tech Regular

i gotta agree with Sport 10-its more diver than buggy at the big races or anywhere else. No different than Ricky Carmichael winning on Kawasaki's then Honda's and lately Suzuki's....Long story short pick one and have fun.
Jammin"145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #50
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlobbaTech
Typical "AE" reply.....tons of arrogance and a biased, force fed opinion. There were some honest opinions of the 2 cars from a few people on here and solid suggestions for the person looking for a new car kit to help them along making THEIR OWN decision on which vehicle would be best for them dependant on a few factors.

SlobbaTech - I'm sorry if you feel my pointing out FACTS comes across as "arrogance" & as some form of "stereotype". I know in this case the Truth does Hurt especially since you do race for Losi. Forgive me for missing the other big race Travis had won in 2wd... the last Losi Race. Maybe you can point out some more of his major 2wdwins since he returned to Losi? Those races that at least included the whole Associated Team at the same event. Please know that I never said AE won every race... but if you really want to go down the list of major races around the World since the B4's release in 2003 I'm sure you won't be surprised to see that the statements on my last post do have merit... Tons of it!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlobbaTech
If you were to walk into a restaurant or travel to another part of the world and everyone is eating something weird, like fried bugs/critters or something crazy by USA standards, but yet everyone appeared to be liking it, does that then mean that everyone else in the world should thereby like that type of food and immediately start eating it?

SlobbaTech - That is a poor analogy. You are taking things to extremes in your example. It is not like I said the XXX, BK2, and CR were a pile of crap? Just to let you know I have used Losi kits in the past... and to be polite let me just say they are just not for me. That doesn't mean that I am saying Losi cars are not competitive... because they definitely are. But again I point to just the FACTS.... which are basically the results of major races around the world the last few years by various drivers. There is a reason why the B4 has kept winning no matter what Losi has thrown at it. If the BK2 were better or even equal (since Losi did win two ROAR titles with it as you pointed out) then why tinker with its tranny so much and why come out with the CR so quickly?! Cause you know even with the gear modifications the Losi Team made the B4 still had an edge. That advantage is the reason why I pointed out the B4's achievements and why I am recommending it. Am I biased... Yes! Without a doubt. The car's consistent track performance convinces me to be. Why wouldn't I recommend a consistent track winner to someone? Furthermore, in another year or two you guys might just come out with yet another 2wd... rendering the CR practically obsolete much like the BK2 soon will be. At the moment it has been Losi's pattern and track record so far....*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer1
gotta go with slobbatech on this one........

i'm not a 100% sure here, but if the guy in post #1 sez that he's new to off road, then it'd be a pretty safe bet that he ain't easton, travis or cavalleri...at least not yet.* those guys could race a frog and beat most of us on here.* i've owned several versions of both....the b4 is a good car in the right conditions.* on blue groove, it's on rails....however, for a newbie, the better car to own first is the losi.* he won't have to hold his breath the whole heat to drive it.* then after awhile, after he gets the hang of off-road and if he thinks he can drive a car that handles like a 12th scale on dirt, then by all means.....buy a b4.*

dirtracer1 - Hey to each their own! I don't subscribe to the belief a newbie has to buy one car first knowing that when he gets the hang of driving it he then should quickly switch to the competition to get better or be more competitive. For any newbie.... they should decide on a kit... learn everything there is to know about it (like knowing how to build and rebuild it properly, learning how to set it up for various conditions, etc.), and lastly stick with it until they have mastered it. Depending on how often they hit the track... this needed familiarity and experience can take quite a bit of time for some but is vital! I still vigorously believe that the B4 can be set-up for ALL kinds of track conditions. It has won on both rough tracks and bluegroove. Learning how to set it up appropriately is part of learning about the car and how it handles. If for some reason some find it a challenge to drive then they should not only practice more but try different set-ups. It is one of the best ways to learn and its part of the learning curve in this hobby. If one will compare both cars (as has been suggested) then one needs to be sure both kits are dialed for that specific track to make a fair assessment.

I'm glad my earlier post stirred some extra debate and discussion.
TEAM-AE-4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH
And your still playing catch-up to the B4 that was released in 2003!

Umm, the XXX series cars started coming out in 1999. The bk2 was release around 2002, and the cr in 2006. So a car that has been around longer should naturally have to catch up with a newer design.

Now that im done with that. I own both losi and AE cars. The losi cars are easier to drive then AE. AE has good turning, but only traction on high bite surfaces. Losi always has traction, but steering takes some tuning. The CR changed that. It added steering to the mix. But its always easier to quote wins from years past then give good reason why a car is better then the other. Cause we all know the team drivers suck, and its the car that makes them win. And if i remember right, Cavileri was winning with losi, but AE paid him more so he changed teams.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Or you could just not listen to any of these people...
Go down to your local track, try 'em both...
And pick which ever one YOU like better.
It doesn't matter what all these people like better, cuz the're not the ones that are gonna be driving it.
BayArea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayArea101
Or you could just not listen to any of these people...
Go down to your local track, try 'em both...
And pick which ever one YOU like better.
It doesn't matter what all these people like better, cuz the're not the ones that are gonna be driving it.

that is the best advise, go where you can try them both out. Then see what feels better.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:12 PM   #54
Tech Apprentice

b4
Born2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #55
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to losi09

I would go with the team losi xxx-cr.
losi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #56
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to joshc1993
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM-AE-4-EVER
Wow what an original response!

Hhmmm... let us look at the big picture and I definitely agree.... do your Homework on this one. I don't want to start an argument but I think some facts must be pointed out. With regards to racing... please compare and contrast which kit has won more major races around the world the last 3-4 years. The B4 has won MANY major races with MANY different drivers.

Let me point out a few more facts: How long did Easton last with a Losi and how well did he do with his 2WD after winning the IFMAR Worlds with a B4? Let me tell you... he didn't really do much. Lately Easton has been seen using a B4 even though he no longer is sponsored by Associated. Travis Amezcua won the ROAR Nats in 2003 with a B4. Other than the last year's Shootout which he barely won against Cavalieri... he hasn't really won anything big with a Losi 2wd. Now what about Cavalieri and the other young Associated guys? How have they done with the B4? Well, Cavalieri swept the Losi Race with his B4, T4, and BJ4 - first time out! The AE Team have been winning heavily with different drivers and seem to only be getting better as they continue to dominate the racing scene with the B4/T4 platform. How many kits has Losi used in trying to match the B4's excellence? The count is now 3. Those who don't know how to set-up a B4 say the car has no rear traction and all it has is steering? Yeah, that is why the B4 keeps winning at various tracks and under various kinds of track conditions!

For the record there were no Losi kits on the Podium at the 2005 IFMAR Worlds in Italy (on a blownout, dry, and dusty track) and neither was there a Losi kit on the Podium at the 2006 ROAR Mod Nationals (on a hard-packed and Bluegroove type track). Yes, I seriously suggest doing your Homework in comparing the performance and record of the 3 Losi 2wd kits as against that of the Associated B4. The results will loudly speak for themselves.
i think how many world class drivers that have won dosent matter i meen they can win with any car but if ur startin out you need a car thats easy to use not one that wins evry thing and you cabt handle
joshc1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #57
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (79%+)

go with the B4
wd40prerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #58

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

B4.

and thats from some1 runnin a CR.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jake S Send a message via MSN to Jake S

ok well i have a t4 and a b4....i like them soo far (just got the b4 last week)

i have driven an old xxx bk1, and just like with any other class, go with which has the best parts support (prob has been said 10+ times in this thread already)

or if your "tight" with 2-3 racers at your local class see what they run because they should help with setup, or if you break something; help you with parts.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #60

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if ur shop stocks AE, then go B4. even if they dont much but can order it. go that route. the losi doesnt want to steer in most instances unless u wanna burn the rear tires off sliding it. not to mention EA3 does suck, and i havent broke anythin but the rear Tbar (just this wkend). however others are much less fortunate. that and the fix is not as simple as goin back to the XXX composite (doh)

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote