Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Electric XTM  X-Cellerator >

Electric XTM X-Cellerator

Electric XTM X-Cellerator

Old 12-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Electric XTM X-Cellerator

Hey guys, I am thinkin about getting a X-Cellerator electric for christmas. I am wondering is this a good truck? Like is it fast stock and is it a nice truck? Or is the Rc18T a better truck? I know it cost alittle more but is it better? Because i think the X-Cellerator is bigger and might be better but i dont know..
Old 12-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Not really apples with apples there mate.

XTM = 2wd 1:10 stadium truck
RC18t = 4wd 1:18 buggy/truck

They're two very completely different things hey...

I had an XTM nitro, which i understand to be very similar to the electric. Was a great truck, never had any problems with it. Have read good things about the electric... but id expect most of the feedback you will get here is "buy a losi or an associated".

A 1:10th ST is bigger, handles better and goes faster than a 1:18th scale.

1:18th scale is fun and cheap... but u may not have a race class for it at your track...
Old 12-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No they are not. I had one for like 3 months. I broke every part on it at least twice. I would recommend looking towards like Losi or Associated for a good quality kit.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

we have a guy that comes out and races oval with us every once and awhile, completely stock, with just minor shock changes (springs and oil) and that thing is quick, only thing not really "race spec" is the esc and motor, which usually is the first thing to upgrade in a rtr, well after ball bearings. in fact his with just an older novak fusion and a p2k2 beat us out a few times with our t4s and xxxts with gtxs and co27s. does really matter what you get as long as you get decent batteries, speed control, and motors.

also there are a few pretty nice "big name" rides out there that you might want to look at too....

Team Losi XXX-T Sport RTR II
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA0095

Team Associated T4 Race Spec Truck RTR
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=ASC7024

and with those you will need items similar to these....

Vision Peak 2 AC/DC Peak Charger
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=DYN4044

IB3800 Ni-MH 6-Cell Flat (2 or more sets)
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=DYN1898

and if your planning on racing

Co27 Stock Motor
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=TRI12001

Last edited by Darkshinobi; 12-14-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Oh ok. Well is it a good car no for racing just for fun. Around the basement and yard? Because my dad is not gonna to get my not 200 dollar car i will have to buy it myself. witch suxs. But ya are the xtm electric good for basement and yard playing around?
Old 12-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

It sounds like you've got some light bashing in store for it then? I would investigate into spare parts availability - that will really determine how much fun you can have...

All RCs will break something eventually. If its easy for you to get XTM parts then youre gonna be up and running again real quick. If its a lot easier to get losi or associated parts then one of those might be the better option.

But yes - i think the XTM will be well suited to backyard duties. I must say, maybe its an Australian thing, but ive never heard of someone running rc in their basement lol. Must have a bit of room down there??
Old 12-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Yes we have some room in our basement. I live in GA in the USA soo ya. But ill try to get a xtm and have fun with it mod the motor and all Do u think a Nikko battery 7.2volt from Toys R us will work in it until i get something better?