Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Robitronic Mantis >

Robitronic Mantis

Robitronic Mantis

Old 02-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

they are made in vienna austria. robitronic is the vehicle division of axial racing. on the mantis the body,wheels,tires and engine are all axial. i think once more people see what these things can do on the track they will sell ALOT more of them. i think people are just a little scared of a new company that has not been in the public eye for too long.BUT THAT WILL SOON CHANGE!!!!! i hope for their sake because they make a hell of a truggy for the money.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I bought mine a few weeks ago. I decided to race it on our off-road circuit and I was very impressed by it's performance. The truck got into the A-main using mostly stock parts. The only modifications that I did was to replace the tires for GRP Grips, changed the rear diff oil in the back for a thinner one (which really does not needs it since it has tons of off-power steering), gave it another degree of toe in the back with the included inserts, replaced the stock servos and radio and finally, dialed some camber on both rear and front tires. After that the truck was handling very good.

It would be great if Robitronics could update the engine mount. After inspecting mine after the race I notices some cracks in the extended part that doubles as a stiffner. Also, I would probably change the upper diff halves for a stronger material.

The set-up used was as follows:

Shock oil: factory (30wt.) used
Diff oil: 7,000 Front, 15,000 center, 3,000 Rear
Camber: 2 Front, 2.5 Rear
Toe: +1 out front, -3 in rear
Tires: GRP Grip front and rear
Old 04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What would be a good set of brakes to put on this truck?

Also, one of my wheel nuts spun off and I can't find it. However, the part number for the nut is not listed on tower hobbies or at my LHS.

I know I can use HPI ones but I thought it curious that they don't sell replacement red ones. What am I missing?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone else purchase this truck?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I also race the Mantis.

I am new to rc world and purchased the mantis as my first nitro vehical. Most of the guys that I race with use the Jammin and there are a couple of 8ights. So with somne help from some of the guys here are a few mods that I have made to the Mantis. O.S. twin turbo carbon clutch, JP3 exhaust, for brakes I use the recommendations from RCCA , I went to a longer turnbuckle in the front so the don't pull out of the arms and that seems to be working pretty well so far.
I also cracked the motor mount, but that seems to be a pretty cheap piece. I am looking for other options before Saturday, am looking into have one custom machine from a friend, otherwise the hops ups come out next week and I my have to race.
This truck seems to be very solid so far. All the mods a for speed and handling. Oh yea I changed both the servos to:
Throttle: JR650M
Steering: Spectrum 590(for now)