R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default micro T battery question

The new Losi Micro T comes with 2 types of AA batteries; nimh and alkaline. One is for the transmitter and one for the charger. Is there any reason why you couldn't just go buy a 16 pack of nicad or nimh rechargeable batteries and the recharging unit [like energizer, rayovac, or something from radio shack] for use in both the radio and the charger pack? I don't want to assume, and fry my new toy, but I don't see why this shouldn't work. Let me know your thoughts on the topic. Thanks.

P.S. This should also work for the AA batteries in a RTR radio controller for other cars too, right? I am thinking of the JR Racing XR21 radio.
swannco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dorigecko

nope.

you can do it.

just don't be a fully sick electrician and try making some RC packs for the micro T. thatd just be stupid.

don't waste money on some good ones either. to be honest, supermarkets should sell cheap-ass wall chargers and batteries to go with em. you might like to go down that path... OR you can get a battery rack and connect it to a good hobby-grade NimH/NiCd charger, and charge them like that.

up to you.
Dorigecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default HOPE I CAN HELP

Hi there,

I don't believe that any of the batteries are nimh. they're all disposable.

I use 16 nimh AA and I recharge the charger's batteries often. it gives a better punch to the pack.

If you are interested, I have loose cells to make more battery packs. let me know.

$8 for four plus basic shipping.

ciao
sambonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

what kinda run times are you guys getting out of your Micro T's?? Mine should be here Friday

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default about

about10 to 15 min.

I put on the smallest pinion and precisely ajusted the slipper to not whelee nor spin out on the tile in the basement track

ciao
sambonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #6
Tech Adept

I get about 5-7 minutes tops. I just ran it out of the box, but for outdoor use its a real kick. Indoors it is just out of control, so sambonee is probably right with what he is doing.

Just a head's up: you will probably break the front tie rod w/in 90 seconds, and the parts come in a kit full of other rubbish you don't want, and are not easy to get because it is the 1st thing to break. I got some slightly thicker pre cut acetate strips, and used the good one to make 12 "replacements". They are easy to make and much stronger and more flexible than the originals. Everybody I know who bought one has broken the tie rods on the very first run.
swannco is offline   Reply With Quote