R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-14-2002, 06:07 PM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Send a message via ICQ to emer Send a message via Yahoo to emer

integrashowcar
TRUST only losi kits, out of the box they perform well, and if you set them-up that will suit the track, under a skillful driver, you will be invinsible. hehehe
Old 02-17-2002, 10:09 PM   #197
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to madison Send a message via Yahoo to madison

Yeah it would, but what about that super wide chassis?
How could they make a decent body for it?
madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 10:28 PM   #198
Tech Initiate

Default Invitation

Join our Chairman Adam Drake of Team Losi and Trinity at the 3rd Annual Brian Raff Memorial Race Against Cancer April 6 & 7 at Full Throttle Hobbies and Raceway in Ridgecrest Ca.

Race with the pros, have a blast after racing Saturday night with scheduled activities, win VERY kewl stuff in the weekend long raffle, get a free T-shirt with graphics by Thunder from Team Orion and know that all proceeds will be going to the American Cancer Society to help those battling cancer and to find a cure.

More information, flyer and entry form at our website http://raceagainstcancer.org
deemteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 01:04 AM   #199
Tech Elite

Hi guys,
Any word of a new 4wd kit from losi?
To my assesment the xxx-s is not suitable for off-road, low output ratio, on side battery, low ground clearance, no slipper? But I could be wrong. thats
Old 02-18-2002, 08:27 AM   #200
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to SkipGear

XXX-4 -
Emer, Brian Kinwald and Matt Francis both have built prototypes of a XXX-4 as test vehichles. The official word is there are no plans to actually produce the kit. My gut feeling is they built these cars to get ready for the worlds just in case Yokomo pulled a radical new car out of the bag. The XXX-4 would be perfect for the worlds track because it appears to be a dirt touring car track with one jump. With the word that Yokomo is now pulling out of the offroad worlds, I doubt we will see these cars. Losi will keep the design on the back burner until it is needed.
Old 02-18-2002, 04:56 PM   #201
Tech Elite

skipgear,
thanks
Old 02-21-2002, 08:48 PM   #202
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile XXX-4

Found This On The Internet...

http://www.petitrc.com/Infos_monde/2002/xxx-s-o.jpg
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 12:05 AM   #203
Tech Adept

does anybody read french ? i'm dying to know what it says..all i can make out was prototype...my project car's international now..cool all i have left to do is make the extensions for the steering knuckles. i still need to have a body vacuformed for it, the best thing that i have found to fit was...don't laugh...a 3 liter pop bottle....here's a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xxxs-o.jpg (57.4 KB, 143 views)
SCHMACHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 08:15 AM   #204
Tech Apprentice

Cool View on PETIT R/C website

I know very well the famous French website PETIT R/C and this excellent website is also in english !!!

2 parts : 1/French 2/English

I give you the url where your proto is online (english language) :

I advice you to contact PETIT R/C to send them another pics and details if you want to be FAMOUS in Europe !!
This website is n1 European private website with often world exclusivity !

email : [email protected]http://www.petitrc.com/Infos_monde/2002/infosa02.htm

Last edited by hypermaximus; 02-24-2002 at 12:24 PM.
hypermaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 05:32 AM   #205
Tech Initiate

Talking Setups, new cars and choices

Im gonna buy a 2wd drive buggy for this summers off road series in the Uk (club level only) and was wondering what you guys think. I currently run a XXXs and enjoy reasonable success at club level (top 3 in A finals) and want to expand to run off road buggy (2wd) on grassed circuits and maybe on primafelt carpet indoors. because I run a losi I am inclined to stick with what I know and because many of the little screws, bearings etc will be interchangeable. However, my only concern is that I cant find any second hand XXX anywhere in the Uk. My dilema, should I change to another manufacturer (say shumacher or Associated) that I can readily buy 2nd hand, or should I buy new (do I go Kinwald or standard kit?) and risk Losi bringing out a new/evolution car shortly?

If I do go XXX can you guys post/point me in the right direction for base grass and carpet setups?

many thanks

Rich
chownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 12:09 PM   #206
dw
Tech Adept

I've run a xxx, xx, fireblade evo, and a b3 on grass in the uk.
When the grip is low or it is really bumpy the losi is the best car.
Also if you have a very point and squirt driving style it is a better car. With the standard camber link settings it has VERY aggressive off power steering. Moving the camber link on the front hub carrier in one hole is essential for most people. As is a large quantity of lead up front.

There are two major problems with the car on grass. Firstly there isn't enough ackerman so the car scrubs lots of speed if the grip is high. Secondly the cells are further back than you can run them on the B3, xx or evo. This gives problems with the front end lifting on power. At a recent meeting on new astroturf (very grippy) I had so much trouble with the xxx lifting the front end and scrubbing speed in the corners that when it started raining as I went to the line I improved by a lap. The losi is the most hard wearing car though.

The B3 is the best all round car currently available but is insensitive to set up change so there wil be odd days when you just can't make it work. If you run indoors though you may have problems with the limited up travel of the front shocks.

Steer clear of the schumacher. Whilst there on road cars are good there are lots of problems with poor quality parts on the evo. The blades can't handle the power in a 2wd car and when they go so do the outdrives. The car is also very heavy and has problems with the front roll centre being far too low. I understand that they have but adjustment on the new cars. The old ones don't have but they put the cells in a different position on the graphite chassis. You need that adjustment.

If you can get hold of one the xx is still the best all round car for uk use. You need to make sure it has the original xx steering geometry though and the original back end rather than the newer CR version, preferably with 2.5 degree caster and 2 degree antisquat fitted. Only down side is the car is a bit heavy.
Also don't bother with the hydradrive.

Sorry this is so long and rambling.
dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 07:04 AM   #207
Tech Regular

Hi, I am wondering if anyone here knows the e-mail for MIP. I can't find It on their web-site. The reason I ask is I want to gauge the possibility of getting some special Aluminium CVD's made up for my XX-4 with some sort of steel sleeve or something in the pivot hole of the bone, to slow the wear rate down.

I have been using steel ones for ages now, but was playing around with the scales the other day, and pulled out the alu ones I used to run in stock. There are huge elongated holes in these.

Actually, perhaps someone here has done something similar themselves, any suggestions ?
sleek the elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 08:25 AM   #208
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to SkipGear

As far as contacting MIP? No clue.

I have been reusing the Alum. CVD's though. I created a jig to just redrill the holes. You can get 3 additional redrills out of the bones by rotating 45 deg. and drilling new holes. The sleeve idea is a decent one but there is not enough material to work with to do it. The holes need to be so close to the edge of the drive socket to allow full movement that a steel sleeve would just not fit.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:26 PM   #209
Tech Regular

O.k., thanks,

It is a pity that there isn't more meat around the holes.
I had also thought of re-drilling, but I want to buy some new rears as well and was trying to think of a way to make them last a decent amount of time (to make It worth the purchase). How long does each new hole last ?
sleek the elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 03:37 AM   #210
Tech Initiate

Anyone please help. I have a new XX-4 WE kit and it rans well and easily garnered top open class positions on our off-road track here in Manila.

My problem my slipper settings seems to change on its own after every run. I even had the pulley with the spur (for thr rear) melted the last time (after the slipper became loose). Today I ran after 2 heats the slipper now became tight and I think in one heat the rear belt slipped (due to clicking sounds). I'm going to tear apart the car now but could you guys give me advise and recommendations regarding this kit on what to (mod) do to prevent future problems??? Any help I would very much appreciate. Thank you very much.
Impulsive is offline   Reply With Quote