thats is bad
Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 12:09 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yea it is.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:54 PM   #153

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

It's kinda obvious that the XXX-S will win the car of the year in RCCA, and the MF XXX-T will prolly win the T of the year
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 10:23 PM   #154
Tech Rookie

Default Please see my post in the main offroad forum

I don't want to put it in two places, so if you guys here in the Losi forum don't mind please see my post in the main offroad forum regarding the quality of Losi kits.
ncrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 02:03 PM   #155
Tech Regular

Can you guys tell where the front spindle is supposed to go according to this set-up?

http://www.teamlosi.com/pictures/jpe...d_bknats01.jpg

It says that the spacer is supposed to go on the top. But then I look again and I think that it is telling me that the spindle is supposed to go on top. Any help would be appreciated.
Baudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 04:23 PM   #156
Tech Regular

The spacer goes on top.
007yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 05:32 PM   #157
Tech Rookie

Cool New XXX, question or two

Here is a pic of my new XXX Kinwald edition. I'm happy to report that you CAN dye those ugly wheels if you want! At any rate, this post isn't just to show off my new car, but also to ask a question. I'm going to be racing this car and the track doesn't stock Losi parts. What things should I be keeping spares of in my toolbox? I'm figuring the hub carriers, and the arms. Is there anything else that I should keep copies of?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xxxquarter.jpg (44.9 KB, 154 views)
ncrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 08:11 PM   #158
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to SkipGear

Spares: Hub/Steering Knuckle set, Front A-Arms, rear pivot block, maybe a tranny case and rear pivot plate.

Tuning items: 60,57,56,55 pistons, Oils from 22.5 - 32.5, Front springs (Red, Orange, Silver), Rear Springs (Yellow, Pink, Red)
Old 11-01-2001, 06:50 AM   #159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Send a message via ICQ to emer Send a message via Yahoo to emer

NCREGO,

hi, get a spare of 1/2 x 3/4 out drive bearings, for the original natural color bearing seal will come-off. RPM gear cover and spur gears 82, 84 Goodluck!!!
Old 11-01-2001, 08:17 PM   #160
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Jared Kirkwood

SkipGear...you break Tranny cases too?
Jared Kirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:04 AM   #161
Tech Rookie

Default composite truck bodies?

Hello All

I have just bought a losi XXXT to get back into the hobby. I use to race about 12 years ago and left to pursue R/C sailplane and electric pylon racing. I will still fly sailplanes on the weekends but the local track has races on tuesdays so now I'm back.

Anyway, I always hated lexan bodies. I have acquired a great many composite skills that are needed to stay competitive in R/C sailplanes. I want to apply it to the cars as well. Has anybody layed up a composite car body?

I plan to use the inside of a new lexan body as my mold. Not the best mold. but I should be able to get about a dozzen bodies before the lexan would deterioirate and I could buy another when it did. I have some kevlar lying around and will give it a try in a week or so. Kevlar is a great material that absorbs vibrations quite well. Any thoughts on this? Has anybody tried it and failed? If so I wont bother.

Best regards,

Marc Webster
thrmaln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 02:48 PM   #162
Tech Regular

Interesting idea, not sure if it is worth the time involved though.

I would think that the composites would be too brittle. Yes they don't dent but that one time you get broadsided in the straight, I see nothing but splinters left over. If you make it strong enough to avoid this, then the weight would be a burden. It would be interesting to try one out but then you also have the issue of windows. You might be lucky on that one though. I think ROAR is now allowing blacked out windows because of the RTR thing.

Another thing is the paint job would not last nearly as long on a composite body. Remeber you would be painting on the outside so every flip, scuff, and gouge will show. Lexan bodies can me popped back into shape, polished a bit and down the road you go with very little damage.

Lexan bodies last quite a while if painted properly. I know I painted my second ever XXX buggy body for the Stock Nat's this year. My body until that point was the original kit body that was bought the day the kit was released. I think that is about 2 years on one body. Then again, TC bodies are pretty much disposable in the hands of the wrong driver.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:14 AM   #163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Picture of My Ride!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0007.jpg (80.4 KB, 196 views)
YANMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 10:14 PM   #164
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

SkipGear- Can you email me Jason Ladows set up for his two wheel?

Also how would the Camber link mod you have work with the Trinity rear hub carriars?

[email protected]
Old 11-19-2001, 10:15 AM   #165
Tech Regular

Brian,
I have not played with the camber mod and the Trinity Hubs too much. I have the original hubs, not the CRE setup yet. The CRE hubs are really only going to work on extremely slick tracks. They kind of make the car lock in more like a B3 on throttle.

There is a group of guys down in Louisiana that are using both the camber mod and the original Trinity hubs and love them, I think they were using 2.1-A.1 (#2 w/1 washer, A w/one washer). Not sure on that though. I have told myself I will put them on the car the next time I break a rear hub and that hasn't happened in a while, Knock on Wood.

As far as a setup for Jason, he reads this forum so I'll let him answer. His setup is not far off of mine though so this may help.

Front: 30-56, lower inside, upper #2, .090 inner limit, .000 outer limit, Orange Spring, 3.2-B camber, one washer under spindle ballcup, spindles raised, Std. Ackerman, camber -1, toe +1/0

Rear: 25-56, lower outer, upper #2, .000 limit, Pink spring, 2.3-A, 2deg anti-squat, hubs centered.

Ride Height: Bones level, front arms level

Other: Battery centered, 78 spur, All graphite car
Rear Tire: Pink Taper w/Bomb2 soft (fairly well worn)
Front Tire: Pink 7202 w/ 3/4 Losi Firm Rear (dremeled down half height)