Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
PLEASE I NEED ANYONE AND EVERYONES HELP!!!! >

PLEASE I NEED ANYONE AND EVERYONES HELP!!!!

PLEASE I NEED ANYONE AND EVERYONES HELP!!!!

Old 12-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking PLEASE I NEED ANYONE AND EVERYONES HELP!!!!

Hey guys,
i have a HPI NITRO MT2 and i have noticed some problems lately that i know nothing about and need your help with..

okay so first off... i noticed that after i had the car apart last summer to clean it throughly it would not turn as tight

second, when i ran it last summer about two or three months ago... i was running it not hard but not soft.... it was getting ran pretty good.... and after about ten minutes.... after a five minute warm up and then running it pretty good for ten minutes... i noticed that it would not move!!! almost like the clutch bell had enough and decided to go night night... but it was replaced with all new parts, the whole cluthch bell housing and all the components inside of it... and the spur gear was replaced that day and everything was replaced at the local hobby shop.. Hobbytown USA.. so thats the second problem

third, i was just wondering if anyone knew about a racing league for that type of truck in washington...

if you could please email me with some answers that would be great!!!!

Thanks
Ian

[email protected]
Old 12-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I've never owned that truck, so I can't say what's wrong with it.

I would suggest you obtain the manual for your truck and disassemble the truck yourself, in steps. Not only will you familiarize yourself with the truck, but when something goes wrong, you'll know exactly what it is and won't have to go to the lhs for repairs, but rather just for the parts.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Ianman,
It sounds like the pilot shaft nut has come loose. This is the nut that secures the fly wheel to the engine crank shaft. Check this by turning the fly wheel by hand, it should be very difficult to turn as the piston approaches top dead center(compression/pinch force). As for the truck not turning as tight, (1)Check to insure the front wheels are moving from stop to stop with your transmitter steering wheel. (2) Check the rear differential, as you hold the center drive shaft and turn one wheel the other wheel should turn in the opposite direction. (3) Your getting faster and experiencing steering "push" as you go through turns.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Disassemble the parts you replaced and see if you tightened and relubed it properly. Do you still have your manuel for the truck?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah i still have the manual... but then there is the problem with the rotostart.. those damn things are such a bit** to fix and replace... its not the engine mounted part.. its the actual rotostart system... but thanks for the information... do you guys have any suggestions to get my .15 motor faster without replacing or buying a new motor.. there are three kinds of the motor.. there is the H.O (high output).. H.P (high performance) and then one with both... i have the high output... its fast but i would like to male it faster so i can race it.. but i need to know where a track is in washington
Old 12-13-2006, 04:18 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Have you tried talking with your local hobby shop?

They will have some great ideas and may help you fix your car also.

Second, they should also know of any local tracks in the area.