Wiki Posts
Search

HPI MT2

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Post HPI MT2

Hey guys,
i have a HPI NITRO MT2 and i have noticed some problems lately that i know nothing about and need your help with..

okay so first off... i noticed that after i had the car apart last summer to clean it throughly it would not turn as tight

second, when i ran it last summer about two or three months ago... i was running it not hard but not soft.... it was getting ran pretty good.... and after about ten minutes.... after a five minute warm up and then running it pretty good for ten minutes... i noticed that it would not move!!! almost like the clutch bell had enough and decided to go night night... but it was replaced with all new parts, the whole cluthch bell housing and all the components inside of it... and the spur gear was replaced that day and everything was replaced at the local hobby shop.. Hobbytown USA.. so thats the second problem

third, i was just wondering if anyone knew about a racing league for that type of truck in washington...

if you could please email me with some answers that would be great!!!!

Thanks
Ian

[email protected]
Old 12-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

for the first question, you might not assamble your car exactly the same, maybe the linkage or the diff

for second question, there are too many thing may caus ethe effect, you should consult local hobby guy for it,
Old 12-10-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

as for the steering,
you must have put the linkage on wrong. remove the linkage from the servo and turn on your radio ( make sure the trim knob is centered) and turn on the truck and the steering servo will center itself. then put on the linkage.
is there any adjustments to the steering end points ( EPA ) on the radio ?
if its a plastic geared servo, then it could have stripped a tooth or more causing you problems.
you would have to check your local track for a class for that truck. i doubt they have a class for it. they would probably put you with the truggy class, but you would end up getting run over by the truggies. they have bigger motors.
you should go back to the hobby store for help with the drivetrain. thats hard to troubleshoot over the internet. but i would remove the motor and check the clutch again first to see if there are any broken parts inside.