R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-02-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Team Magic M1-B Finally Here!

Team Magic's New and Innovative M1-B will be here December 15, 2006. After a lot of testing and maintaining the Team Magic tradition of coming out with creative products, the new M1-B is going to be a big winner in the 1.8th off road racing scene!!

SamF
G4S'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Dude, that thing looks like it belongs on Robo-Wars on the Discovery Channel..
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:24 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D
Dude, that thing looks like it belongs on Robo-Wars on the Discovery Channel..

Not to start a debate but I don't think that thing will be able to compete with the 8 or any of the other top buggies.
SCUBA STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:11 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Without any big name offroad drivers, I don't think it will be winning squat. Then you take into account that Trinity is the new US importer of Team Magic stuff (again...apparently TM didn't learn the first time..), parts support will be a joke and nobody on a local level will want to run the car. I think the car COULD have had potential, but the Trinity deal is probably going to seal TM's fate in the US.
Serzoni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzoni
Without any big name offroad drivers, I don't think it will be winning squat. Then you take into account that Trinity is the new US importer of Team Magic stuff (again...apparently TM didn't learn the first time..), parts support will be a joke and nobody on a local level will want to run the car. I think the car COULD have had potential, but the Trinity deal is probably going to seal TM's fate in the US.

Serzoni, i partially agree with you ... even when Trinity its the importer, GreatPlanes its the USA seller/distributor ... so i think towerhobbies will have plenty of parts to maintain the buggy ...

About the big name drivers, you are right, i was sponsored for 1 1/2 years from TM Taiwan on onroad 1/10 nitro racing and the filosofy of TM its not to use big name drivers for promotion, just normal drivers as you and me and marketing mouth-to-mouth ... its sad but true ...

Anyway, i think the M1 will be a GREAT buggy, hope to see it winning some medium size events in order to be recognized ...

cya,

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have been hearing rumors Trinity is on the verge of folding under (bankrupt) if so this buggy is sure to go under with it. Anyway I think most buggies are competitive on a club level, and in the right hands it could be a contender. I personally dont want one, and am not intrested in one. I think sales for the buggy will be small, the only way this buggy survives is if they get a big name driver who can put it in A-main big races.
kylehirano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

biggest problem is thier price. I generally love TM products, pit bag etc, but for this buggy its priced themselves out of the market.
PIITB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi
Serzoni, i partially agree with you ... even when Trinity its the importer, GreatPlanes its the USA seller/distributor ... so i think towerhobbies will have plenty of parts to maintain the buggy ...

About the big name drivers, you are right, i was sponsored for 1 1/2 years from TM Taiwan on onroad 1/10 nitro racing and the filosofy of TM its not to use big name drivers for promotion, just normal drivers as you and me and marketing mouth-to-mouth ... its sad but true ...

Anyway, i think the M1 will be a GREAT buggy, hope to see it winning some medium size events in order to be recognized ...

cya,
Tower Hobby don't equal a lot of parts supply, yes it will be more accessible but only if tower is willing to stock parts. they are often time too bulky to do anything. so only the time will tell if GP gonna keep this car running.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Can't wait to see it run.