R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-06-2006, 07:46 AM   #16
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

Deans is the way to go . Less hassles and a little quicker . I have never noticed a difference in resistance between direct or Deans Plugs . Besides with the batteries available today , if their happen to be a resistance issue you wouldn`t notice it . Back in the day when we raced with 1200 and 1400 batteries you had to gear your car/truck so you made the 5 minutes without the batterry going dead . The difference in resistance would have been noticeable then and it didn`t . Racers that used deans and others direct soldered all lasted the same amount of time . This myth has been tested numerous times by many people and shown there is no such resistance difference . "more weight from extra wire and the plug" if that little minute amount messes you up , it`s all in your head .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default General wiring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I have had the extra weight from wire shear the wires going into two Novak ESC. I hate resoldering those!
The weight added to the car is negligable. What I'm looking at is the fact that I have had to resolder the connections on two different Novak ESC's. The wires sheared just above the mounting plate.

The wires exit the ESC vertically, and I think the extra length causes them to swing back and forth, eventually weakening the wire.
That's the weight I was thinking of.

Is there a better way to route/tie the wiring to help prevent this?
Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2006, 09:49 AM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

For the wires coming loose from the esc can`t be from the extra wiring weight . Even when I direct soldered it happened . It will eventually happen if you run the car a lot . All the bouncing from jumps and obstacles will cause the solder joint to become weak . I`ve been racing for over 21 years and seen that happen no matter what . After enough bouncing around and occasional crashing it`s gonna happen no matter how you connect your wiring. Just my two cents and experiance with electric racing.
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #19
Tech Regular

i love my trinity r-minus connectors, just had to solder posts to the sides to mount them for my t4/b4
Darkshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshinobi
i love my trinity r-minus connectors, just had to solder posts to the sides to mount them for my t4/b4
Those are nice but don't work too well in the Losi XXX-T and AE TC3/4 unless you solder the tube onto a battery bar soldered onto the pack so the tube sits above the pack. The battery channel is too narrow for the tube to be directly soldered to the pack.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshinobi
is why i said i put posts on the sides (extra battery bar) and then mounted to that, the b4/t4 is much tighter then the xxxs lol in my b4 my 3300gp sp2s stay in without a battery brace (not suggested at all)
Darkshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote