R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   RADIO GEAR ADJUSTMENT PROBLEM JR XS3 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/138303-radio-gear-adjustment-problem-jr-xs3.html)

aussies1 11-27-2006 04:32 AM

RADIO GEAR ADJUSTMENT PROBLEM JR XS3

HELLO,
WHEN I GENTLY PULL THE TRIGGER FOR THROTTLE MY CARBIE SLOWLY OPENS AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN IT GOES FROM 1/4 THROTTLE TO FULLY OPEN WITH OUT HARDLY PULLER THE TRIGGER DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO ADJUST TO HAVE THE THROTTLE OPEN GRADUALLY FROM IDLE TO FULLY OPEN??
THANKS
MICK
PS I AM USING KYOSHO PERFEX SERVOS IN A INFERNO 7.5 SPORTS

sosidge 11-27-2006 05:32 AM

Was the radio at default settings? If not try returning to default settings (clear the model memory) and start again. Check that there is not a physical binding that is maybe making the carb jerk open.

It sounds like the throttle curve may be set very negative, but sometimes it can be other stuff too.

SpeedBump57 11-27-2006 07:23 AM

aussies1 I helped a guy yesterday with this very same problem and same raidio. I went through every setting for TH and could not get it right. I told him he either had a problem with the Servo or the RX. They a buddy of mine said to try and switch channels because he had the same problem as well and that is what fixed it. I said ya right that shouldn't have anything to do with it. I stepped away for a second and they did just that and all was well! I don't understand why but the problem was gone. Hope this helps.

Dougg 11-28-2006 07:05 PM

Check two things. First, check you're ATV's, I think they are called EPA in surface radios. Look to see if both sides are about the same. Full throttle to brake needs to be linier, Or close to it. Adjust the linkage so it is. It's an old heli thing!!! Next, check you're expo. It sounds like you have negative expo in it. Center it up. Before we had computer radios with helicopters, we had to set them up mechanically. Then came the computer radios of today. In nitro helis the throttle linkage is very, very critical to proper throttle curves. Nitro engines are no different in cars. Yes you can adjust with the radio, but you will feel the difference in the flying or driving of you're toy if you mechanically set it up first.

bjc 11-30-2006 12:23 AM

What you are describing is called the Exponential on this controller.
Go through your settings (by pressing mode button) until you reach EXP (on the left hand side of the screen). On the top right it should say either THB or ST. If it says ST press the channel button so it says THB, now pull the trigger and it will say THF. This setting will probably say a negative number so use the +,- buttons and take it to LN which is neutral.

If you have any other problems or dont have the maunual feel free to PM or email me.

Cheers,
Brett