Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Jesse, what glow plugs are you using?
ldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer1
what's the difference between a jp-2 pipe and a os 2050 pipe? for that matter, what's the difference between an os 2050 and an os 2060?
OS 2050 is usually best on a VZ-b or V-spec but I have not found it to work as well as a Jp-2 or 086 on the RG. I don't have a VG but I suspect that it would be similar. The 2050 is a 2 chamber pipe and is largely regarded as a low to midrange pipe (the RPM range it likes) but it lets a V-spec rev to the moon and the JP-2 is regarded as a mid to top end pipe. The 2060 is supp[osed to be a little smoother than the 2050. It's a 3 chamber pipe that came out mostly because EFRA (euro for ROAR) changed the rules so that only 3 chamber pipes could be run. I'm told they did this because of noise but the few 3 chamber pipes I have seen running are just as loud.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #18
Tech Addict

thanks davidka...very informative.

does anybody know if anyone manufactures an aftermarket head for the vg yet? os rocket maybe.....others?
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #19
Tech Addict

you cant compare the RG to the VG man lol the 9853 seem to work

me and a few others made the same mistake, this has a different crank, piston, sleeve and crankcase.

RG is a nice mill, but IMO i have seen the RG in a buggy rappin it out, and the VG installed in my Truggy is out performing that RG. here are some Dyno sheets that were posted by Tom wolf on the unlimited engineering thread, these dyno sheets were done by Ed at EB mods. he actually modded a VG just playing around, his mod comes awfully close to the Vspec according to the dyno, except it seems to be smoother in the mid.

unfortunately he didnt get to dyno the VG coupled to the JP-2, but by looking how well it performed on a mid sized track, it was awesome! cheap pipe in comparison to the OS 2060 2050 or the 086. which is why i personally would run the JP-2.

the other pipe you mentioned was also tested on the Dyno, so you can see for yourself which is best.

Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #20
Tech Addict

i used the OS8 for break in, then i had to shim my motor .1mm then i changed to a A5 plug running 30% nitro.

the motor barely makes it for 20%, it came stock .015, which is why you need to shim the motor.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:25 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

So what's the verdict with this engine? More power than the RG but less than say a P5, S7 ? Sounds good then.
K.Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:12 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

JESSE did you try to run the motor on 30% before u shimed it? Could u explain more about why to shim a motor when you change nitro %.. Thanks

MIKE
Mik G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:27 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayeddy
So what's the verdict with this engine? More power than the RG but less than say a P5, S7 ? Sounds good then.
I just got done breaking mine in and getting it ready to go and it seems to run pretty sweet so far. It fired right up and idled perfectly right off the bat...I did 6 tanks WOT-style on the box, then took it out and drove it around hard blubbering (rich) for part of a tank, then leaned it out over the next 1.5 tanks...I think during the whole time, it flamed out once...I even used an old glowplug to break it in.

Very smooth and responsive off the bottom...almost like an electric motor. I'll probably lean it out a bit more at the track, it's only about an hour lean from crapping on itself...LOL...and it still runs nice.

I love OS motors. I can never get those stupid Italian motors to run right.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote