Wiki Posts
Search

can it drag

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Arrow can it drag

hey i just bought a carbon fiber revo for a really good price and it set up to race off-road and i have a motor and all to do that but this $#!t aint cheap we all know much this hobby can cripple your pocket but who cares!as long as im faster than you! But my question is there is starting to become a big drag racing scene here in south florida and i was wondering how the trannyon a revo would take me putting a wicked Rossi .21 on it can the tranny hold up to the R's an on road motor makes i want this thing to fly i mean 35 plus 21 fly. any input before i go spend 600 bucks on a motor or anything faster let me know. im all ears!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default pics soon

pics of the revo up tomorrow for all to see the newest in the collection
Old 11-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I highly doubt the drivetrain will hold up, unless the surface is low grip, which is quite unlikely I'm sure. The Revo can barely handle the stock motor in high stress conditions, I doubt a super high end .21 will help much!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wait a minute..... off-road is expensive and drag racing isn't???? yeah right......

If you seriously wanna drag sell off the revo, or part it out and goto grand motorsports and get a real drag chassis built for a .21......trust me you'll be far ahead of the game....
Old 11-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

if you really wanted to turn it into a dragster, you would want a lot longer chassis. and probly metal gears. draging is probly more expensive thn off-road too. just to let you know. i know a guy that made his into a dragster. but the whole thing is custom. a huge extended chassis, real wide a-arms, forward only. i mean the only stock part on it i think are the body mounts. it will take big $ to turn a revo into a real competitive dragster. your better off getting an actualy drag kit.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

wow i looked into all the stuff i would have to do to compete in this class of drag all i can say is i just broke in a sirio .23 and it is the ballistic fast ive seen alot of wanna be drop in motors in these trucks the rb tm a joke .27 and .30 and all the truck will do is cat walk but this .23 i would have never expected the motor to be so quick and its only hadd 5 tanks and still realyy rich so the 2 speed still aint kicked in. cant wait till i get about a gallon thru it.