R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Default glow plugs advice plz

hi i am experiencing some difficulty with my engine staying running it seems to run fine but as soon as i stop it stalls in seconds i just want to keep it running so it doesnt stall in my races if i flip over, can any1 tell what is the best glow plug to use to keep an engine running. would it be a hotter glow plug?

i am guessing it is my plug thats making it stall due to muck build up on the end so if i use a new plug whats the one to go for that will most likely keep an engine firing at all times.
thanks.
downunder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You will probably get alot answers....try this link.

http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...ght%20glowplug
H8W8IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
Tech Master

Downunder, it's probably not your plug causing this. The only real benefit you get from changing plugs, is on the bottom end. If it's clearing out when you punch it, it's fine. If it bogs on the bottom, try a hotter plug. What engine is it?

Usually stalling problems are either the tune, the clutch, or the engine condition itself. Is there good compression, or "pinch"? Is it new? What engine are you running?
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Tech Addict

i was running a gs bo3 .21 but i switched to the thunder tiger engine and was experiencing the same problems as i was with the gs engine so i bought a plug called the os A5 plug and it holds idle now but it seems to run a little rich on acceleration and clearing out but runs at about 116 degrees celcius which is what i want no hotter.

both engines have hardly any pinch left but still seem to run fine just wasnt holding idle which i need for racing otherwise it will stall during a flip over etc.

how does clutch effect engine clear out does that effect it much?
downunder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
Tech Master

The clutch can effect idle if it is malfunctioning. If there are any broken parts, it will make the engine stall. Also, bad clutch bearings will make it stall too. If the engine is worn out, it will not hold an idle. Also, it will usually have an unusual amount of top end rpms.
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote