R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Associated T3 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/1362-associated-t3-thread.html)

otherguy 11-10-2001 02:32 PM

Associated T3 Thread

Just post any questions or anything you want to say about your T3. Any tips that the new r/c person might find helpful or interesting. Maybe even some set-up tips to help out.

thanks

Aurra Sing 11-11-2001 07:24 PM

I might get one, sow aht tips do you have for this truck?

TimPotter 11-12-2001 03:36 AM

I have been running mine for a couple years now. The truck performs well right out of the box. I would suggest the Team or the Factory Team. Green Springs front and back for me.

otherguy 11-12-2001 04:38 AM

I have a question, what are the part #'s for the wheels for the T3. I bought some for the rear and they don't fit (7802). Let me know what you guys are using.

BTW, I just bought my T3 the Factory Team addition. I am still getting all the stuff for it. The only thing "different" that I had to do was file flat the post that the servo sits against. It wouldn't fit in there if I didn't.

Later

TimPotter 11-12-2001 05:12 AM

make sure that you pay close attention to the Servo Saver... make sure it is as loose as you can get it... and lubed.. otherwise a non metal geared servo is toast

Caddzilla 11-12-2001 05:34 AM

Otherguy, if you have the CVD's you need the 7803 wheels. And Spooky is right, I went through 5 servos before I emailed Associated to get some help. They told me to use some of the kits black grease on the servo saver where the two "v" shaped pieces go together. After I did that I haven't torn up another servo as yet.

otherguy 11-12-2001 08:20 AM

Thanks for the info on the wheels, I do have the CVD's.

Has anyone tried the 3 peice no gluing required wheels. I was thinking about getting some but didn't know how well the tire stayed on there?

My servo saver seems to work fine. The servo itself was to long and the holes that I am supposed to tighten it down with didn't line up. That's why I had to file off some of the screw post for the battery holder, so the servo would sit back father and the holes would line up.

otherguy 11-18-2001 03:44 PM

whoever has a t3, list the following if you would like:

Motor and gearing
Tires you use and for what type of track
:spidey:

TimPotter 11-28-2001 12:03 PM

Tires... depends on weather.

Wet.. Step Pins
Dry.. Fuzzy's or something like them

Run on clay/sand track

IN mod I think I have been running with my 13x2 hmmmm 16-17 - 86/87

P2K... hmmm 22 pinion... I think

Caddzilla 11-28-2001 12:30 PM

The motor I use is a Race Prep and I am using a 87T spur with a 20T pinion gear. The tires I use depends on the condition of the track, if its wet I use Proline edge tires in the front and step pins in the rear. And if it is dry I use edge tires in the front and bow ties on the rear. Our track is a sandy clay oval with an infield section with a couple of jumps. Hope this is helpful to you.

otherguy 11-28-2001 12:43 PM

when you are talking wet, do you mean hard packed? Are they the same. I took tracks as being hard packed or loose.

:spidey:

Caddzilla 11-28-2001 05:08 PM

The track we race at is hard packed sandy clay. What I ment by wet is, after each run they bring out a hose and wet the track down. This makes the track a little stickier than if it were dry. But in florida, when it gets cooler the track will stay wet longer, and in the summer it dries really fast. And that is what I ment by wet and dry.

TheBarber 12-06-2001 12:45 PM

Got a cool tip for T3 owners.........i was trying to come up with a transponder mount for my truck without cutting a hole in my body. what i ended up doing turned out really cool. i had to take my servo/transponder mount out of my TC3 (darn rules), so instead of trying to sell it, i thought i'd try to see if it would fit in T3. YAHOO. it doesn't interfer with the servo, body, or tires. Hardcore and IRS are the two that i have tried and they both work. you do have to install the transponder upside down but it is safe and low in the truck. Hope some of you can try it. :tire:

otherguy 12-06-2001 02:28 PM

Do you have any part numbers for the one that you used to mount it?

TimPotter 12-07-2001 05:28 AM

Cool tip..
Thanks