Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi MUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Team Losi MUGGY

I just bought one these hybird monster trucks, and am very pleased with it, Is there anybody out there running this truck? whats your opinion of it? anybody racing this truck, and what are some hop-ups for it? Pictures are always good to.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

I guy at our local track has one and does very well with it. The truck does handle very well. The thing is he has to run in the truggy class because it is more or less.....well a truggy. I think he is at a slight disadvantage with the true tryggies out there today.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

It IS an RTR. For what the truck is made for, it holds its own very well. I don't think anyone ever intended for the truck to be competitive with the 1/8th scale trucks on the market.

That's what the 8-T will be for
Old 11-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So you cant race this truck in the Monster truck class? I was hoping you could because I think this thing could beat all those Revos.

Although looking at Muggy close it is basically a Truggy set-up with bigger shocks and a little bigger front and rear end.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

I don’t know Kyle; it’s kind of a weird deal with this truck/truggy. What Aaron said above about Losi not intending for it to compete in the truggy class is probably true. I think times are changing though as the racing crowd is getting bigger and the bashing crowd smaller. Same thing happened with the Sprotwerks Mayhem but it didn’t stop people from trying or wanting to race them at the upper level, me included as I raced one for a year and a half. I started racing the Mayhem because I was racing it with the people who designed it. It was an underdog though! But I had fun with it! I think the Muggy is going to be the same way. It might not have been intended to race with the truggies but guys are going to do just that and want to race them which is fine. If it is going to be raced it to will be the underdog but at the club level and with a good driver I am sure it will do fine just like the Mayhem did. Like I said the Muggy looked real good right out of the box.

It’s going to depend on the track you take it to as to weather or not you can run it in the MT class. Technically it doesn’t belong in the MT class because of the drive train. I would think a track with both classes would probably ask you to run in the truggy class because it is more of a truggy than a MT with the drive train and all, center diff. But if a track doesn’t have a truggy class I am sure they would let you run in the MT class.

Either way take it out and race it!! You will have fun with it and probably get faster just trying to catch some of the faster guys with their true truggies.