Wiki Posts
Search

newbie questions ,,again

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default newbie questions ,,again

Bros in Nitro, Need help pls. coz Everytime i open to clean my Hyper21 engine, I see the top of my piston and also the combustion chamber very dirty and black. also the glowplug as well. Whats the cause of this? and do i have to use the copper ring in my os#8 plug?.. sorry for the newbie questions. TQ!!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bros in Nitro, Need help pls. coz Everytime i open to clean my Hyper21 engine, I see the top of my piston and also the combustion chamber very dirty and black. also the glowplug as well. Whats the cause of this? and do i have to use the copper ring in my os#8 plug?.. sorry for the newbie questions. TQ!!
are you saying that you aren't using the copper washer?!!?! using that washer is a must!!! ALWAYS! your glowplug is sitting too close to the piston and the violent explosions involved in combustion are killing the plug and the piston too. your engine also sounds like it's way too lean, because a properly tuned engine should not have any discoloration on the piston, or very little at the least. you need to install that washer pronto and retune your engine so that you have adequate smoke coming out of the exhaust throughout the entire powerband.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default thanx for fast reply..

oki bro. i will. and thanx very much...cool ese'

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
are you saying that you aren't using the copper washer?!!?! using that washer is a must!!! ALWAYS! your glowplug is sitting too close to the piston and the violent explosions involved in combustion are killing the plug and the piston too. your engine also sounds like it's way too lean, because a properly tuned engine should not have any discoloration on the piston, or very little at the least. you need to install that washer pronto and retune your engine so that you have adequate smoke coming out of the exhaust throughout the entire powerband.