Search
Like Tree3Likes

YOKOMO MR4-BX

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcscrewz
By tightening the nut on the cone washers eliminate the one-way? by tightening the nut more the one way unit does rotate as freely? Is this correct?
Yes, by tightening the cone washers eliminates the one way action. Not sure about the second question? Are you talking about the buggy rotating? If so it should rotate better with some one way action. Hope this helps.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Team Tekin

The one way lay shaft is adjustable for it's effect. Tighten the nut and the oneway effect is minimized, loosen it and it's maximized. I'm running my Bx with %50 one way layshaft with a front one way diff...seems to be my happy spot.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)
Default Belt Question

thanks for the info on the oneway issue - now onto belts - the recommeded setting makes the belts super tight and the drivetrain not free - any suggestions
Old 01-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Team Tekin

The car is a little tight at first. Run the car say, 8 packs or so then check the "tightness" of the drivetrain. The rubber belts needs to "liven" up a bit and will soon be butter smooth. I'm running mine in the stock settings and find that this is optimal on my track. They're tight enough to have no belt slippage as long as the pulley's are kept free of debris. If a small piece of dirt does get lodged in a pulley the belt may skip but just barely and only on full throttle mashes. I run a 9x1 Reedy Ti most of the time so I'm putting some power down. If you are running a softer motor try the looser settings. The belts are pretty cheap so I'd advise having a pair of each in case you go too loose and strip one good.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone know the spring rates of the Yokomo offroad springs? Also, anyone know how the Associated Equivalent of the Yokomo pistons? Ex. An Assciated number 1 piston = ? Yokomo Piston... number 2= ? Yokomo piston...
Old 01-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoonerNate
Anyone know the spring rates of the Yokomo offroad springs? Also, anyone know how the Associated Equivalent of the Yokomo pistons? Ex. An Assciated number 1 piston = ? Yokomo Piston... number 2= ? Yokomo piston...
assoc #2= yok white i believe.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

jelly- have you done anymore running with the car?? im about to start getting into it again
Old 01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My new to me MR-4BX came today. Missing some stuff but ok. I was wondering if one of you MR-4BX owner would shoot me a pic of your car showing the electronics lay out. I have one of those pesky GTX with the huge cap and wondering the best way to mount that. Also would like to see how you routed the wires. Also, what spares should I order. I got some front arms and wheels coming but wondering what else I need. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cantona
jelly- have you done anymore running with the car?? im about to start getting into it again
not for awhile. still haven't put the speedie back in since nsw titles. got some things to try. want to try bradby's euro's setup plus assoc shocks.

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...bxvienna06.pdf
Old 01-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jelly
not for awhile. still haven't put the speedie back in since nsw titles. got some things to try. want to try bradby's euro's setup plus assoc shocks.

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...bxvienna06.pdf
anyone know the length of assoc 1.02" stroke shafts?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hunter
My new to me MR-4BX came today. Missing some stuff but ok. I was wondering if one of you MR-4BX owner would shoot me a pic of your car showing the electronics lay out. I have one of those pesky GTX with the huge cap and wondering the best way to mount that. Also would like to see how you routed the wires. Also, what spares should I order. I got some front arms and wheels coming but wondering what else I need. Thanks for your help.
i wired mine same as the pics on yokomousa.com with a lrp sphere comp. it's a tight fit but ok. as for spares get shock tower's and diff plates and balls if you're running on dusty tracks. also get the one way diff.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks, The car came with the doubled towers. I was looking a YokomoUSA's and pretty much figgered that is how I would have to mount the electronics. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Team Tekin

Yup, double the rear tower at least. I have also bent a rear inner hinge pin(huge quad) and broke a rear arm but finished the race(same quad). I've also done the rear B4 cvd mod and am very happy with it. I've yet to break any other part on the car. I was hit from the wrong side of the track which is what broke my rear shock tower. I also advise the front one way diff as it allows the car to steer much better...
Old 01-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

What changes have to be made to the car for the rear cvds from the B4. Thanks for all the input.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Read the below forum for a detailed discussion of the mod. Bathy's post on 4-8-2006 lists all the part numbers.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=815&page=3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.