Like Tree3Likes

YOKOMO MR4-BX

Old 10-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jay_P View Post
I know its a bit of a long shot.. but does anyone know where I can get a worlds body from?
rcchamp in japan would probably be your best bet if you haven't tried them already.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Cheers, I'll give them a try
Old 11-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just bought one of these cars with some spares for 100$. Its the F . To bad Its not the world but i just love the yokomo buggy kits and the new B Max is to plastic for my taste. The car is in almost perfect condition exept from a missing undertray and some rust on some of the screws. I need a online store that ships to europe. I want this car in perfect condition. Its my first 4wd in18 years and my last racer was the first yok 4wd. I do have a Dex 410 on Its way but my first pri is to make this a mint kit. Anybody?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

heres a pic of my bmax in action but try rc-race-and-drift-japan.com or driftspeed.com thats where i get all my parts and i get them faster than any usa shipping carrier

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think they only got parts for the B max.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Banzai Hobby have a few spares in stock for the BX, they can also still get some parts from Yokomo to order

http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?mai...index&cPath=18
Old 05-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Yokomo MR4BX/BX World Body shell

Dear Yokomo lovers,

Few days ago, a friend of mine made a "master mould" of the legendary MR4BX World Edition body shell adaptable on both chassis, BX & BX World Edition.

If you are a Collector or still Race driver on the BX...let us know if you are looking for a body shell.
The body shell can be made of "polycarbonate" or "plastic PET".

Please, if you are interesting, for pricing, delay & availability, contact Xavier Renaut at the email address below :
[email protected]

Here below the photos :

Wings :

Bodies :

Undertray is also available...
Could you be interesting by a "complete package" with "Body/Undertray/Yok Wing" ? ( Wing "Gokuraku Wing Set" with 1mm of thickness )

Thank you
Old 05-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

nice.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just received a used MR4BX with a TON of parts to keep it as a once a month runner. Its the 07 BX, not a worlds unfortunately. Came with TLR22 yellow front rims set, 10mm hex. Are there 10mm hex for rears available? I believe I might be able to fit AE pin rims, or covert the rear to B4 hubs and CVD? Or can I adapt modern YZ2/4 hexes to the driveshafts?
Old 01-16-2020, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RonF View Post
Just received a used MR4BX with a TON of parts to keep it as a once a month runner. Its the 07 BX, not a worlds unfortunately. Came with TLR22 yellow front rims set, 10mm hex. Are there 10mm hex for rears available? I believe I might be able to fit AE pin rims, or covert the rear to B4 hubs and CVD? Or can I adapt modern YZ2/4 hexes to the driveshafts?
Iíve not tried to fit any 12mm hexes on my BX, but Iíd imagine itís perfectly doable with some clamping hexes, maybe not Yokomo ones, but thatq shouldnít be a deal breaker.

Iíve got modern hexes on a Hotshot, canít think thatís easier than the BX.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
Iíve not tried to fit any 12mm hexes on my BX, but Iíd imagine itís perfectly doable with some clamping hexes, maybe not Yokomo ones, but thatq shouldnít be a deal breaker.

Iíve got modern hexes on a Hotshot, canít think thatís easier than the BX.
What do you have on your BX now, BX yoke wheels? Modern 12mm yoke hexes should, as still 5mm shafts?
Old 01-17-2020, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RonF View Post
What do you have on your BX now, BX yoke wheels? Modern 12mm yoke hexes should, as still 5mm shafts?
I honestly donít know off the top of my head, not looked at it since Ď09.

IĒd think itís probably the kit front hex/pin rear.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Myall View Post
I honestly donít know off the top of my head, not looked at it since Ď09.

IĒd think itís probably the kit front hex/pin rear.
I pulled the stock hexes off, and put on AE buggy rear and front hexes on and checked fitment and width with AE 12mm 4wd rims and tires on. Perfect or near so. At very back of rears its 252mm, it has I bet 3 deg toe in. tops of rear tires are 247mm or so. front end is 248-249mm or so. I think Im set.
I will see if I can get B4 cvds to fit, even though I have a full set of yoke cvds but they are not the hardened versions. B4 might fit a little loose in metric bearings, could also go with B4 hubs and bearings. Not sure about the fronts. More to come as I enjoy this teardown and setup for 13.5t 4WD.
John Myall likes this.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Here is picture showing the stock yoke hexes plus the AE buggy hexes. I did add a shim on front and the spacer washer on rears for fitment. I think the AE are the way to go, but ill need these for a while to run on my RC10B3 with modern tires. Last picture is chassis all done with a quick clean up. Changed a couple bearings in hubs. I have a couple bearing sets coming plus those already extras that came with this deal. The more I look it over, the more I like this design vs modern buggies. Plus its the right era to compliment my T4.1 and FT B4.2. I do have a special NIP coming from Hong Kong via ebay, but its on the slooow boat.... tires are for carpet, but ive got several sets for indoor clay.
John Myall and aspiringracer like this.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Im trying to secure my saddle packs to this chassis, but Diggity designs I guess doesn't sell the lipo tray anymore. Not sure what out there would work. for now I have taller posts and using Velcro to hold them in. Any one have a set of the Diggity available they don't need?