R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-29-2006, 07:19 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well....I guess I better get the saving account built up. I like the 1/2 offset wheel. They tend to put less pressure on the bearings.
rcdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:59 AM   #32
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GeneralG

Now the question is should I sell my brand new Jammin CRT truggy to wait and buy this Losi 8ight truggy when it comes out?

THe Jammin has only been assembled and has tons of extra spares with it, also have lot's of King Headz parts on it.... dang I hate making these decisions...
Old 09-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #33
Tech Addict

sorry wrong thread
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:49 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralG
Now the question is should I sell my brand new Jammin CRT truggy to wait and buy this Losi 8ight truggy when it comes out?

THe Jammin has only been assembled and has tons of extra spares with it, also have lot's of King Headz parts on it.... dang I hate making these decisions...
There is nothing wrong with the CRT, still one of the best 1/8 ST on the market. First gen truggies are seeming to have issues, and since you have already dropped the cash, run the CRT for a while, doubt you will get much of a different price whether it is just assembled or ran a few times, although I could be mistaken. But at least you will have something to play with for the next 3-5 months until the 8 truggy comes out, and given the number of times they pushed back the release of the 8ight, I would assume the later. Then you can make your decision when it is actually released, or much closer to the release date.
Just my $.02, and it is worth what it cost ya...
HTH
Rod

Last edited by gatermaxx; 10-01-2006 at 01:02 AM.
gatermaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:42 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralG

If you want to sell those king heads parts, let me know. Till then, run the crt, have fun, then when the 8ight T comes out, buy it, and have more fun.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default um

i guess the rumor was not true about the losi muggy not coming out a friend of mine bought one
3. roto start system on ebay
Revoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

I hope they will beef up the rear diff a bit, since so many trucks have been having issues with blown rear diffs lately.

The RC Pro this past weekend there was only 5 trucks left running after a 30 minute A main!

Broken trucks...

3 ST-R's
1 Cen
1-TTR

All seem durable as buggies?

....Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I didn't realize people were having so many problems with rear diffs. My CRT has over 3 gal. on it running a RB TM928 and I've not had one problem with any of my diffs.
rcdude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

True, the CRT and MBX5T seem the most durable so far.
I'm not sure if all of the listed trucks had diff problems, but I know three of them did, the others were carried off wihtout info on the problem. I hate answering those "What happened" questions right after a DNF myself, LOL.

The trucks take so much more abuse!

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:42 AM   #40
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note, saw one of the local team losi driver testing the 8IGHT truggy tonight and it's got molded arms on it...so looking closer and closer to production

Steve Wang
Old 10-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #41
Tech Elite

The Muggy is a hybrid truck aimed at the RTR market. It uses LST2 suspension front and rear with the drivetrain layout of an 1/8th scale truck.

What 8T?

Just like much of the hoopla that preceded the buggy's release, it is probably best to save all preconceptions about this truck until after it has been released. You'd hate to proven wrong, wouldn't you?
Old 10-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #42
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

I 100% agree with my buddy Aaron, No Slams people, you dont know what ur talking about most of the time anyways, right? lol No chattering like lil Jnr. High Girls.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:42 PM   #43
Tech Master

Aaron, i was at the ROAR nats as the pictures show, and i saw what you did. The fastest truck on the track was the 8T, plain and simple. Heck, i got my first look at the truck inside the losi tent since i was invited in by Joe G, but i made sure my camera was behind me so that everyone inside could see i wasnt taking pictures of it.

Either way, i cant wait to see it run more. hopefully a losi drive will come out to the Nevada State Championships next month with 1.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #44
Tech Elite

BSchorr - You said it, not me!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just ask that all re-engineering theories and blatant disrespect of the engineers' work is saved until after the car or truck has reached production and significant problems develop.

Bigedmond - I know I met a bunch of new people at that race, but was I able to shake your hand? If not, make sure you hit me up at the next race you see me..I'm pretty easy to spot from a crowd.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:36 PM   #45
Tech Master

if you come race the nevada state race, i will make sure to shake your hand. Im pretty sure i didnt meet you, but i meet so many people that weekend.