R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 11-11-2006, 10:02 PM   #151
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

whatever it is... i wanna buy it if it ever land on our country

*** just 4 info, RTR can bring u to the podium, if u know how. so stop more excuses. practice practice. and practice.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I TOTALLY agree that racing and racers are a smaller portion of the market than the bashers by a huge amount. That should make it easy for Losi (or any company) to box up a SMALLER portion of kits and build the crap out of the RTR's.

With all that's been said about bashers here, wouldn't a "RACE ROLLER" be too much work for the backyard basher to put together? Wouldn't an RTR be a better? I mean afterall bashers ARE the majority of the market, right? Make it easy, give them RTR's!

Losi's obvoiously going to do what they want (not listen to a bunch of forum posters) and I highly doubt this is a "marketing test", as I could see this as a test if they sold a RACE ROLLER and a KIT to see, over a given length of time, what out sold what. As it is, they are going to sell all RACE ROLLERS and.... as I said, they aren't testing a thing.

But hey, everyone that buys one is going to pay the labor to have someone else put it together. For some, that sucks. NOT FOR ALL, but for some...

I for one will be running this truck (aka buying it) and whether its' pre-assembled or not is only going to effect the amount of time it takes from getting in my hands to the track. AND, as I said before buying it as a "RACE ROLLER" will take over twice as long; whether Drake or Einstein built it or not....

Just a logical thought here (not that Losi, Aaron or anyone else cares) but, I would imagine the BASHERS probably aren't chomping at the bit to wheel one of these things right? At least not to the level the racers are anyway, agreed? WHY NOT BUST OUT 2000 KITS (less than a months volume) FIRST, INTO THE RACERS HANDS (and into the locals/bashers view) FIRST, THEN PRODUCE RTR'S OR RACE ROLLERS???? Not to mention it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that it'll take LESS TIME to box up kits rather than building RACE ROLLERS and will get the 8IGHT T out quicker....

But hey, HORIZON'S got it figured out.....
Mike Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:21 PM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i think that this prebuilt T will be the middle ground for Losi, kind of like the "Team" kits are for Associated. what i mean is that this kit will be the standard kit with some good parts, but not including everything like and RTR and not including all of the "Factory Team" hop-ups. this middle ground kit is for the club racer who wants to choose his own engine/electronics but doesn't care to go through the build process. the RTR is truck will be for the majority of the RC enthusiasts, while the "Factory" kit will be unassembled for the hardcore racers. this is just a thought, and it probably won't happen. this is, just as Aaron Waldron has been saying, probably a marketing test for Losi and if it fails, they will go back to the norm of an RTR and a race kit.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #154
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
i think that this prebuilt T will be the middle ground for Losi, kind of like the "Team" kits are for Associated. what i mean is that this kit will be the standard kit with some good parts, but not including everything like and RTR and not including all of the "Factory Team" hop-ups. this middle ground kit is for the club racer who wants to choose his own engine/electronics but doesn't care to go through the build process. the RTR is truck will be for the majority of the RC enthusiasts, while the "Factory" kit will be unassembled for the hardcore racers. this is just a thought, and it probably won't happen. this is, just as Aaron Waldron has been saying, probably a marketing test for Losi and if it fails, they will go back to the norm of an RTR and a race kit.
I really don't know what kinds of hopups you would need on the 8ight or 8ight-T? They are dialed out of the box. For $600.00, I'm gonna be one mad mofo if the 8ight-T is a "middle of the ground" car.

I'm still not sure why there is so much of a stink over this deal? From what I have studied on Losi, they really don't follow conventional ways and do think outside the box on items..........??? As I stated before, I REALLY like the idea. I don't have to worry about spending 5 or more hours building a kit now when I get my 8ight-T. I can spend a hour, go over the car, paint the body, place the engine and radio gear in it and go racing, maybe add an additional hour for any setup changes that need to be made (diff oils, shock oil, shock length, ride height).

I can completely understand why some of you guys might be mad. Building a kit has a certain amount of satisfaction with it. Especially after you win with it. If I had more personal time I would love to be able to sit down and build an RC kit. Time just doesn't allow for that anymore, that is why I am so enthusiastic about the 8ight-T being pre-assembled.

I for one can't wait to get this truck. The 8ight has surpassed my expectations......
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #155
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

for the record, I'm NOT mad. I'm totally pysched that Losi is bringing the 8T out so quickly after the 8!

The last factory I raced for still doesn't have their 8th Truck out yet and their buggy has been out for 2 years!

Losi is on it..... ...and I'm looking forward to wheeling both of these near the front where ever next year!
Mike Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:25 AM   #156
Tech Elite

I don't even know what to say. The internet is a sad, sad world.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:20 AM   #157
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
I for one can't wait to get this truck. The 8ight has surpassed my expectations......

Yea but the real question is How will you keep your wife from noticing you have a new truggy in the garage..LOL

Butter her up now....LOL

Glad to see ya around RcTech Seann.

-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:03 AM   #158
Tech Elite

Put buggy tires on it while at home and hide the truck body
Homer Allman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:09 AM   #159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
we're like 2nd graders, huh?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #160
Tech Master

Seann how did the buggy work this weekend? Give me a call later.
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:25 AM   #161
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Aaron, the internet is a reflection of society....now that is sad!

We talked about this at work yesterday, we came up with a solution. Every post will contain a pic of the person posting, thier real name and pics of their equipment. This way we will know who is full of Krap and who has it together at all, no aninimity.

Of course this may cut down on the amount of posts substantially.

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:37 AM   #162
Tech Master

LOL @ Jim. I wouldn't be embarressed to put a pic of my gear up as my Shiz it always dialed Now posting a picture of my skinny white self is another story.
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:26 AM   #163
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
i'm not sure if i understand just what it is that you're saying. are you saying that unless everyone on the internet has the same opinion as you, that the internet is messed up?
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:34 AM   #164
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlobbaTech
If I'm not mistaken/remember correctly, the 8ight-T is a car that is pre-built and just that, not a "ready to run" meaning it has radio equipment etc... installed in it???? If that's true then by the logic posted earlier if you were to buy a Toyota Corolla and put the car together yourself then the Toyota would be a much higher quality car than say a car that comes assembled like we'll say a Ferrari? Xray's touring cars come with the aluminum bulkheads already screwed to the chassis but no one complains about that and their cars seem to do really well. OK...so the point of the car coming pre-built making the kit "lower quality" is out the window and doesn't mean anything. Worst case scenario is that you may need to top off the fluids in he car or re-bleed the shocks, loc-tite a few screws, or maybe hand fit a part if something is too tight. For the racer those are just common minor details that are dealt with all of the time but the pride or job well done that most people experience after fixing something, building something, etc.... is taken away and something the racer type group of people value more than the type of people that want stuff done for them or just want a toy to drive in front of the house. So that's my take on what may be the root/reason for people on here not liking the car coming pre-built.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Randy, now that is funny! You racing regionals this weekend?

I look at RTR, or even prebuilt like this....What is better a drive thru hamburger or one you make yourself?

Depends on the chef/cook, no?
Just because someone made it for you doesn't make it bad automatically, unless you know an excellent cook? But the drive thru is cheaper and more convenient! Once in a while you have to go inside to fix the screw up though, if your not miles away!!!

That sums up the entire RTR market.

Easy to get going, worry about figuring it out once it is broken.

LOL, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote