Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
for the cynics - racing a rustler >

for the cynics - racing a rustler

for the cynics - racing a rustler

Old 10-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hehe...he said gay. We have now reached the apex of Losiracers ability to defend the RCTech community from the onslaught of Rustler racers. Maybe Losigayer (hehe - now I said it) could maybe just come across like less of a prick, people wouldn't feel the need to be "thread heroes". Just a thought.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d4man
Thats it, I'm trading in my FT T4, FT B4, and my FT GT and fielding a slew of all Traxxas vehicles from now on.

I wouldnt mind having a Traxxas Revo, hooked up like that 1 in last months RCCA magazine......
I almost sold my fleet for this: Mighty Bull! cuz some guy on the internet said it was fast. Thank god someone made fun of him and changed my mind.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuzo
I almost sold my fleet for this: Mighty Bull! cuz some guy on the internet said it was fast. Thank god someone made fun of him and changed my mind.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I wondered how long this thread would take to get to this point....

I'm off for some popcorn to enjoy the show from here.

, Jim
Old 10-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I couldn't help but scan this funny thread... didn't read every word but it's obvious to innocent onlookers that both sides have gotten out of line.

Nothing wrong with racing a non-losi/assoc car. Nothing wrong with stating facts like a T4 or XXXT are superior purebred race cars. Call Traxxas and ask them... they won't try to b.s. you that the Rustler is on par with them.

Once I had a Stampede back when they first came out and I raced it in stock class just for kicks and got it around the track pretty well but there's no way I could hang with the "losis" if they had competent drivers. I did beat some hacks.

Ok here's the deal.... you admited that these "trophies" came from weekly races whenver there's at least 4 entries. Come on now, That is ridiculous. Once upon a time my small town had a "track" that a guys made and we had races every week and had a lot of fun... even had some trophy races. But the pool of racers was pretty small and I can tell you the guy that won the most out of our group would get spanked when he left town to race or one of the better racers from around would come to our track. But he had a stack of trophies to show.....

You can't come on here bragging about a stack of bogus trophies that you got from beating the same handful of guys every time.

You really should just keep quiet until you go to a real race outside your local scene, like a regional event or something legit and see how you do.

What I race (not losi) doesn't matter... I've raced off and on for 20 years and as judge and jury I find the defendant guilty as charged... illegally tooting his own horn and misleading the public.

There was a point made about the factory drivers racing LST vs REVO etc.... the real point there is that Adam Drake raced both the Losi Truggy and the LST. That's like a XXT vs. a Rustler..... and yes he was faster with the purebred racer... the Truggy. His times with the "basher" LST were not very far off from the Truggy, but they WERE slower.

The differences in lap times may not be much different between a Rusty and a XXXT... but in racing it doesn't take much difference to matter.

Unless you are racing against 3 other guys and they suck.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
I couldn't help but scan this funny thread... didn't read every word but it's obvious to innocent onlookers that both sides have gotten out of line.
I agree, and I made my point so I digress!

Hope to see you around some track soon!!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Okay

But this thread is now about how KUJO is a silly fairy that likes to exaggerate and change the subject just to get in the last words.

Freakin drama queen.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by glassdoctor

Nothing wrong with racing a non-losi/assoc car. Nothing wrong with stating facts like a T4 or XXXT are superior purebred race cars. Call Traxxas and ask them... they won't try to b.s. you that the Rustler is on par with them.

Once I had a Stampede back when they first came out and I raced it in stock class just for kicks and got it around the track pretty well but there's no way I could hang with the "losis" if they had competent drivers. I did beat some hacks.

Ok here's the deal.... you admited that these "trophies" came from weekly races whenver there's at least 4 entries. Come on now, That is ridiculous. Once upon a time my small town had a "track" that a guys made and we had races every week and had a lot of fun... even had some trophy races. But the pool of racers was pretty small and I can tell you the guy that won the most out of our group would get spanked when he left town to race or one of the better racers from around would come to our track. But he had a stack of trophies to show.....

You can't come on here bragging about a stack of bogus trophies that you got from beating the same handful of guys every time.

You really should just keep quiet until you go to a real race outside your local scene, like a regional event or something legit and see how you do.

What I race (not losi) doesn't matter... I've raced off and on for 20 years and as judge and jury I find the defendant guilty as charged... illegally tooting his own horn and misleading the public.

There was a point made about the factory drivers racing LST vs REVO etc.... the real point there is that Adam Drake raced both the Losi Truggy and the LST. That's like a XXT vs. a Rustler..... and yes he was faster with the purebred racer... the Truggy. His times with the "basher" LST were not very far off from the Truggy, but they WERE slower.

The differences in lap times may not be much different between a Rusty and a XXXT... but in racing it doesn't take much difference to matter.

Unless you are racing against 3 other guys and they suck.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

carcrusher46- I dont think you relize how silly you look hot dawging your rusty and trophies.

Like said before...If your truely good.You dont have to advertise it, people will already know.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

One last thought, then I am done.

He can drive, very well actually. He is very smooth. He can drive that Rustler very good, but he could drive a T4 or a MF2 better!!!

He's stuck on his 1st love, his Rustler, like I was when I raced quads and had a 230 quad sport, where as everyone else had 250r's

OK now I will go slither back where I came from!!
Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

thank you very much. i appreciate that compliment sincerely.

i know i could probably be faster with a t4 or xxx-t, but at the moment it's just not feasable for me. right now i'm trying to get my trucks back in order for the winter season, and i'm working on a cen mini madness right now for the tlt class, and after that i will probably save up and get a t4rs, or maybe a sportwerks raven. the thing that draws me to the raven is that not many people have them. i love having different stuff than the average joe has, like me racing a rustler or buying a cen mini madness. plus i can get parts for the raven if need be and i don't really need the high-quality radio system that comes with the xxx-t sport since i already have a nice radio. don't get me wrong - the jr radios are great, but when i have a radio with a 10 model memory, why tote another one to the track every week? the raven uses a lot of losi-compatable parts too so that's a plus.

my philosophy on racing is "to finish first, you must first finish". i may not always be the first one into that first corner, especially if i start in the back of the grid, but when i close in on them and ride behind them for a few laps most of the time they mess up and give the free pass to me. i always run as hard as i can, but if you have a stonger motor and you're in traffic it's tough because your truck just wants to run over people and you have to finesse it a lot to keep the truck out of danger.

the reason i'm stuck with racing the rusty for now is that i simply don't have a better race truck at the moment. the second i get a new race truck (raven, t4 or whatever), my first rustler will be retired, most likely forever because it has given me so many great times and so much success in the past.

whew. that was a lot of typing.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

You don't need to beat the other people any worse that you already are. So I would stick with the Rustler.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Ok, a few points, then i'm done(except for watching, LOL).

First, if your having fun, keep keepin' on!

Second, don't worry about what anyone on the intraweb thinks, if your happy good for you, there is only one person you need to impress! (U!)

Last, You will never please more then half the people on the intraweb, half will always insult you and half will agree. I learned this after a few posts!
a) I've seen guys insult a world champion on the intraweb, as well as manufacturers, etc., a guy with a Rustler is easy pickins for people that would never say boo in person.

, Jim
Old 10-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey I gotta give you props for proudly racing a rustler and not thinking you have to have a t4 or xxxt in order to race. Too many guys think they gotta have not only the same ride as the world champ has, but also all the hopups and lastest gadgets to go fast. You know... carbon fiber battery straps,etc... that will make you faster. I raced a Kyosho Ultima for many years and just modified it when others all jumped on the latest incarnation of the RC10. So I have been there.

And I didn't question your driving ability... we have no way of knowing how fast you are. Apparenty you're very consistent and confident driver.

Where I was bustin your chops was the showboating, and the "club race" trophies, and also whoever was running the "rustlers are just as good as..." smack.

Maybe whenever you get your hands on a different ride you can come back here and tell us how you're doing.... if you think there's much difference, or if the old rusty was just as fast for you.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
thank you very much. i appreciate that compliment sincerely.

i know i could probably be faster with a t4 or xxx-t, but at the moment it's just not feasable for me. right now i'm trying to get my trucks back in order for the winter season, and i'm working on a cen mini madness right now for the tlt class, and after that i will probably save up and get a t4rs, or maybe a sportwerks raven. the thing that draws me to the raven is that not many people have them. i love having different stuff than the average joe has, like me racing a rustler or buying a cen mini madness. plus i can get parts for the raven if need be and i don't really need the high-quality radio system that comes with the xxx-t sport since i already have a nice radio. don't get me wrong - the jr radios are great, but when i have a radio with a 10 model memory, why tote another one to the track every week? the raven uses a lot of losi-compatable parts too so that's a plus.
It sounds like you have decent driving skills from what you are posting and a better truck should make you even faster. I would steer away from the Raven because of the low quaility of the kit and people are having problems gearing them. You really should be looking at a premium level kit like the MF2 or FT T4 and not the RTR versions. This way you can put your own electronics in them and not have to worry about having to carry a bunch of different radios to the track. Also, the premium kits come wilth all the better equipment so you do not have to worry about upgrading them. Also, the XXXT-MF2 has almost as much durability as the rustler but handles far better so this would be the truck I would recommend for your next truck. A XXXT-MF2 goes for around 245.00 new but you should be able to get some good deals on ebay. Good luck and good racing.

Sport
Old 10-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default True

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Ok, a few points, then i'm done(except for watching, LOL).

First, if your having fun, keep keepin' on!

Second, don't worry about what anyone on the intraweb thinks, if your happy good for you, there is only one person you need to impress! (U!)

Last, You will never please more then half the people on the intraweb, half will always insult you and half will agree. I learned this after a few posts!
a) I've seen guys insult a world champion on the intraweb, as well as manufacturers, etc., a guy with a Rustler is easy pickins for people that would never say boo in person.

, Jim
So true, words of wisdom. Why even race ? just stay home and be happy with yourself. I routinely lap a world class driver, but I won't mention any name, with a Duratrax at Socal. He won't race on my night anymore.

I am so glad there 's someone else just like me. It 's good to know that you're not alone. I just wish that the kids in school would stop calling me a loser, a nerd, and throw me in the dumpster. Does that happens to you ?
Hey, add me to your buddy list. Okay ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.