Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho MP-777 SP2 or X-Ray XB8TQ

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Kyosho MP-777 SP2 or X-Ray XB8TQ

Kyosho MP-777 SP2 or X-Ray XB8TQ...... I am lookin for opinions on both..which one is better for a medium to long track..
Old 09-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Both are great cars. I'm a dealer for both and sell equal amounts. parts are pretty easy to get for both. Only thing is the TQ kits have not be avaialble for over two months now.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They are both good cars. If you go with the Kyosho though, wait for the World Champ edition which will be out in a couple months. I've got the Xray TQ and it rocks. You can tune it for ANY track so its good everywhere. The instructions and quality are the best and it is the most durable buggy I've seen yet. I personally feel the Xray comes better equiped than the 777, and is the easiest car to adjust. Plus the Xray is $150 less (according to speedtech). Also consider parts avaliability. If your in Canada the Xray has tons of support, I know that for sure, lots of team drivers here and parts are in good supply.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The problem with the Xray is it needs to be setup for different track conditions. If you race on a track that does not change like indoor then it is a good choice. If you race on outdoor tracks or travel to several different tracks then the SP2 is better because one setup will work almost everywhere.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

ur right in a way, the Xray XB8 TQ has hundreds more adjustments than a 777 SP2, so if u can setup an xray. It will wizz on a SP2. At start , XB8's are hard to setup cause there is so much to adjust. Just gotta stick with it and learn the car.

JK
Old 09-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think the XB8 is harder to setup than any other buggy out there. It just has more options, so some people would like to think it is. The recommended setup it comes with is great (although not all the parts for that setup are in the box! ). From that setup it can be tuned in the most minute way or the most extreme way to conform to any track. And you really don't need to change the setup drasically from track to track, its just that most people who own it do, because its so easy. I ran the same setup all summer, I literally made zero changes over 3 months, for 3 different tracks and it was dialed on all 3. Its just as universal as a Jammin or Kyosho.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't know what to get...they both seem like great buggies...I am particular on set-up cause I raced go-carts and they are very touchy..so I would want to have a buggy that noticeably adjusts to a different set-up..I might wait for the Kyosho WC to come out like Wheel said..cause it looks like it has alot of different adjustments and fine tuning you can do on that...
Old 09-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I always wonder how certain cars get reputations for certain things.

Does a Kyosho car have magical parts that absorb bumps better, or that self adjust to changing tracks and conditions?

I think the X ray car is better for fit and finish and also cheaper then the Kyosho is, considering Kyoshos use of cheap feeling fasteners and such. The Wc edition will likely be $800!

That said, either one will be able to perform to the best of any drivers ability, so i'd say it is a toss up! Get the one some of your race buddies have so parts are around, or the one that the local shop keeps parts for?

Btw, if anyone knows what the magic K parts are let us all know, so we can make some for other cars too!

LOL ,Jim
Old 09-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

the Kyosho car will natually hold together in a LONG race then the TQ....but the Xray is more athletic and the materials are superior to the K-car...

I believe they are the 2 best cars...I have ran both but the Xray is my pick...
Old 09-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM
the Kyosho car will natually hold together in a LONG race then the TQ....but the Xray is more athletic and the materials are superior to the K-car...

I believe they are the 2 best cars...I have ran both but the Xray is my pick...
Please provide proof that the Kyosho is more durable.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

i have seen more x-rays break than any other brand in a year of racing. the x-ray is the lightest car on the market they had to shave the weigt somewhere. i am not saying the x-ray is bad i would take one over a kyosho anyday even if the price was the same, but i am responding to wheelnuts comments.

adjustability is the best thing you can have especially when you show up at a track and yoru car doesn't work.

also one thing to consider x-ray parts are expensive if you do break be ready to shell out some cash.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

What buggy would survive a head on crash at full speed (both with rb c5 engines) ?
What buggy would survive a full speed crash to a leder (about 8cm fron the ground, hit right to the shock) ?
Well it bend the shock tower, but i was able to continue racing...
Xray Xb8 TQ
When it comes to crashes it is just unthinkable how can it handle such abuse.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My XB8TQ has had quite a few nice spills and haven't broken or damaged a single part. Its solid as and would recommend to anyone. Probably abit more complicated with set up then any other car, but when you get the set up right, watch out In my country, Xray parts are about the cheapest on the market for the plastic parts, alloy abit pricey, but so it should be for the craft manship and quality.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Or you could get the best deal on a 777SP2 from me right now...

I will send you pics via email...email me [email protected]

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129596
That is the end all deal for the best buggy out...
-Shookie <><M
Old 09-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

I can honestly say teh Xray is most durable car I've had, its unbeleivable how strong it is. The old XB8's had a lot smaller arms so they broke a bit easier, but the arms on the Tq are enormous. I've broke one part on mine so far this year, and that was a plastic steering knuckle after landing at an angle one one wheel from 15 feet up at top speed. The wheel EXPLODED it was so cool! Literally a chunk of plastic from the wheel was found about 30ft away from the crash site. I would not say the Xray last any longer than anyother car though, if anything its shorter, all the plastics and silicones on it are quite soft so they wear fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.