Anyone know what head button and carb?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone know what head button and carb?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Anyone know what head button and carb?

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows what other head buttons and carbs fit the Picco P7-R EVO? my hobby shop can't get either of those from picco, would other ofna ones fit?

And my other question is; when i run my car, the engine will have great power and lots of smoke for maybe the first 2-3 minutes after the engine has been warmed up then its sounds almost like it is richening itself up on the bottom end, sounds like a goose and has no power until it gets to the point where it will just stall..???? I tryed leaning the bottom end out but it still does the same thing, i also tried richening it as i thought it was leaning itself out but it just makes the low end worse...
Old 09-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Go over the engine/carb then go over it again sealing it up. Size up some Orings that might fit better than the stock ones in the carb. My P7R carb is super reliable and consistent, but the stock Orings arent the best, well some of them at least. So I would check those out before you go out and buy a new carb. I can tell you though that Novarossi or Sirio carbs wont fit.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...53#post2519853
Check these out.
Hope these helps.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrainMuffin
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows what other head buttons and carbs fit the Picco P7-R EVO? my hobby shop can't get either of those from picco, would other ofna ones fit?

And my other question is; when i run my car, the engine will have great power and lots of smoke for maybe the first 2-3 minutes after the engine has been warmed up then its sounds almost like it is richening itself up on the bottom end, sounds like a goose and has no power until it gets to the point where it will just stall..???? I tryed leaning the bottom end out but it still does the same thing, i also tried richening it as i thought it was leaning itself out but it just makes the low end worse...
I hate to sound like the prophet of doom but what you described sounds like the engine has lost its compression. It may feel like good compression when cold but as it warms up the sleeve expands and the compression drops. Try feeling if it has good compression after it is completely warmed up.