R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #76
Tech Fanatic

I'm just glad to hear he is coming back. I raced with him back in the early 90's and he is a great person. He is a hero of mine in this hobby and we are the same age!! Well, all I can say is that I just ordered my X5 conversion kit for my XX4. I've been thinking about it for awhile but this news just seals the deal.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:38 PM   #77
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
WOW...and that quote change coming from a guy who got bent out of shape over one of my joking threads I maid.....Talk about calling the kettle black

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

hey brian i see you on the thread right now and i just wanted to wish you all the best with your health issues and i hope to eventually get a chance to see you race in person. I have only been in rc for around a year but when i was younger i use to buy the magazines all the time and was always fallowing you in them.

Best of luck with your future in rc where ever you go and i hope you can make it to the novak this winter so i can get that chance to see you wheel it in person.

And heres a good idea how about we just worry about our own jobs and benifits lol.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #79
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BK...I was racing at Racers Haven in Bakersfield in 92 and 93. I remember you coming up and kicking butt. The one thing that sticks out to me is, you showed everyone your setups, answered anyones questions and left tires and parts for a lot of us. I am back racing for the last 2 years in Houston now after a 12 year hiatis. When I returned I bought a XXX-T then a MF-2 and then a BK-2. Had to learn to drive all over. The point being I was amazed that you were still with Losi after all that time. I still race the BK2 every once in a while.
Hey we all change jobs when we have to for what ever reason.
Good luck with everything.
David Carter
ddcarter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to turd ferguson

Congrats to X-factory and Brian! Chazz is a great guy to deal with, and now they have one of the experts of the XX-4 and the XXX-4!!
Can't wait to hear of Brian back on the track
Old 09-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
WOW...and that quote change coming from a guy who got bent out of shape over one of my joking threads I maid.....Talk about calling the kettle black

EA
Gimme a break you dirtbag. You post some homophobic BS that would likely land you in prison if some harm befell your "friend" (the one you were sexually harassing in person and stalking on the internet)...and I make a word-funny about some post on here...and it's the same thing? Yours was hate speech and advocated that harassment and harm come to the guy unless he dressed like you do.

Yours is shameful, bigoted and borderline illegal...mine was just distasteful, but just a joke about the odd turn of phrase ("banging wheels with the guy"). Big difference.

Back on topic: Whenever I see him at SoCal, Kinwald seems like a decent guy...some of the "big" guys aren't always that way. He is. Best of luck to him.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:22 PM   #82
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hughes
Well i dont know about you todd or anyone else that lives in the same world as the rest of us but a pay cut for someone like that is just not right no matter what has happened. His name alone sells stuff even if he were in the l main of every race. i mean couldnt you guys cut a few lesser names come on now this is a lame ass excuse we offered him less money.... thats some crap... here brian we know you cant live on this but sign here lmao especially when he wasnt feeling good /sigh nice company you guys got over there. the money you guys think you would have saved by giving him lesser money i assure you will be lost by people that follow kinwald. To tell Greg he doesnt know what hes talking about is some shit he might not have all the facts 100 percent right but one thing is for sure Losi is not worthy of my dollar or any of my friends dollar anymore.

Good day and good luck to team losi

If you didn't work for the last year and a half for health reasons, would your company continue to pay your full salary just because you're a good guy? No, I didn't think so. Mine wouldn't either. It's still a business. For you to say bad things about Losi or Trinity because they offered him a smaller contract than he had when he was healthy and racing 100% of the time is narrow-minded and immature.

In the real world, if you don't perform, you don't get paid. I don't care who you are. There are no charity salaries. Considering that Losi kept him under contract as long as they did is astonishing and praiseworthy in itself. There are no guarantees in life, and as much as it sucks for Brian and his fans, it's a business and not a hobby to a LOT of people.

Saying that you are now officially boycotting products from a company because they didn't offer a larger contract to someone you like (and chose to go elsewhere) is just plain ol' country dumb.

Ahhhh, the fun of internet message board rumors and innuendo. Good stuff.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #83
Tech Elite

It appears to me that a number of peeps posting to this thread have not visited one of our sites. www.4wdrc.com and www.2wdrc.com have front page stories which Brian helped to write that answer some of the myths and questions posted above.

X Factory is so happy Brian has joined us and look forward to many productive happy years working with him. Comments regarding Brian's helpfulness are right on, and we are already benefiting from his design and development expertise. This is a positive thing for all parties involved: X Factory, Brian, Losi, Trinity, everybody. There is no limit to what we can accomplish working together.

We also thank Todd and Richard for their kind comments above. Losi and X Factory have had an excellent competitive relationship for the past three years -- Gil Losi Jr was among the first to congratulate us last year in Connecticut -- and we appreciate having a fine company as they are to compete against.
YoungChazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Jim, you of all people know that Brians boss was Ernie, not Losi. The fact they paid him as long as they did shows integrity. Until we hear from Brian himself that he feels he was treated unfairly, the boycott talk seems completely out of line.
I have nothing but the highest regards for Brian for his driving ability, and for what he's done for the sport, but I won't be giving up my JRXS for anything!!!
Hope we can still be friends.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

How could they get rid of a guy like Brian Kinwald. He is what made Losi so strong. Brian I wish you the best and next year when they want you back you make them pay for all your heart ache..... Hodapp its awesome to hear that you have his back and you tell the truth about these rc companies who just use you guys... You Pro's are the ones that help us customers decide what products we want to buy..
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:58 PM   #86
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick
Jim, you of all people know that Brians boss was Ernie, not Losi. The fact they paid him as long as they did shows integrity. Until we hear from Brian himself that he feels he was treated unfairly, the boycott talk seems completely out of line.
I have nothing but the highest regards for Brian for his driving ability, and for what he's done for the sport, but I won't be giving up my JRXS for anything!!!
Hope we can still be friends.
Yes Patrick like you said me of all people should know. Ernie is trinity losi is losi 2 seperate things. As far as me boycotting anything that is my right wether out of line or not its still my right. Brian being the MAN that he is will not post here spouting off about anything im sure. he isnt the type of person to look for simpathy or to air his laundry publicly. We all know i got his back no matter if he talks to me or not since i havent been racing i understand. As far as them paying him for 14 months or whatever when he was sick that means nothing since im sure they made a million fold by continuing to sell any product with his name on it. i could also guess that they were bound by a contract to do so, so as far as any praise in there direction they will recieve none from me. As far as our friendship goes that will never change and hope to swap paint with you some more in the not so distant future but as far as my views about losi go well they stay the same and will, even when Brian himself tells me to stfu which im sure he will, i wont on this matter. Food for thought... Brian gave more to this hobby then probably any other driver he has been in the sights of many a rc manufacture and has caused people to push to make there car faster there battery better tires etc the list goes on and on. he is losi in my eyes and probably most other drivers feel the same its kinda like the gt with his picture on the box if you remember those times they kept it for years afterwards... you know why? because it helped sell them even though he didnt race for them. i know why they were allowed to do so but its not my place and i give huge props to associated for standing strong for so long. One last point if i may... ill bet you massami would probably get taken care of better then brian in his country. sorry for the long post and i cant wait to race again.
Jim Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #87
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

All I gotta say... great to have you back, BK! The politics here are out of place and unnecessary. Hope to see you back in the dirt soon!
Two-speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #88
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

Welcome back Brian....Your seat and pit spot is still there at Socal....
Old 09-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #89
Tech Master

Hodapp has BIG balls.....and a even larger GAME....way to say it how it is....

Dirt....hope to see you running a TC or a 12th scale for Thanksgiving...

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 09-15-2006 at 11:33 PM.
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:20 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just watched the associated 97 video. Should call it the BK highlight film. Take is slow BK nothing wrong with being a weekend warrior for awhile. Good luck.
schmelme is offline   Reply With Quote