Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10th 2wd race trucks were have you gone

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 1/10th 2wd race trucks were have you gone

hey all i love the 1/10th 2wd electric race truck class and there are many kits out there from associated losi traxxas duratrax xtm racing and others.it just seems that associated and losi are the only companies that have a pro level race worthy truck at this time.i wish others would step up to the plate to challenge those two companies to make this class more exciting than it has been.just my thoughts...thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Seems that the 1/8 stuff is taking over to me.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah! Already upgraded to nitro.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

One nice thing about only two manufacturers in racing is that the tracks are more likely to have the parts you need in stock or other racers will have parts. Plus setup help from the experienced racers because they are familiar with your car.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FOCKYERDODER
Yeah! Already upgraded to nitro.
Why is that an "upgrade" ? sounds like a side-step to me.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oople
Why is that an "upgrade" ? sounds like a side-step to me.
R/C for me is all about enjoynment, a stress relief from work.
Whatever you run and what makes you enjoy life, I think that's what we choose.
I don't have bad anything to say on electric. Even though everybody says that nitro is hard to work on, but for me is a challenge and I like the technicality of nitro engine, the sound, more run time, and refueling just like the real cars.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Todays electric cars have exceeded the runtime of nitro with the advent of better batteries and motors. I can easily run longer than any nitro powered car at my track. Also, the 4wd buggy class have been enjoying a resergence due to the new batteries and motors available. This is an exciting class with alot of different models from different manufacturers to choose from unlike in the 2wd truck and buggy class were it is Associated and Team Losi are the only two.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all i love the 1/10th 2wd electric race truck class and there are many kits out there from associated losi traxxas duratrax xtm racing and others.it just seems that associated and losi are the only companies that have a pro level race worthy truck at this time.i wish others would step up to the plate to challenge those two companies to make this class more exciting than it has been.just my thoughts...thanks
This a welcome change for me. I have never liked the ST class for racing just because its the only class that kind of throws scale right out the window. The buggies have always stayed closer to the scale of the real thing and keep that realistic handeling that the full size buggies have. In fact this season I have dropped the stadium truck from my racing stable and added a 4wd buggy.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Stadiums still appear to be popular at tracks that have an active electric class. I to like the scale appearance of buggies better, but the handling on tracks that get pounded by 1/8's is in the stadiums favor.

If you have an active nitro stadium class, try going brushless and lipo and see if they will let you run with them. I have heard of guys doing this, kind of an open class thing.

I would like to see more offerings as well, but seems everyone is more content with making RTR entry level trucks instead of a racer.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You could wallway do what I do when I don't like a how my trucks work. Make one!
Old 09-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I still have my MF2. I don't run it very often because the track I run usually only has one electric class. We have 4 or 5 4wd that show up. So that's what I race most often.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

electric racing is dead here. Its almost unheard of now. Its nitro... or turn marshall for the race.

1/10th is dying due to the fact of 1/8 arena truck taking over. And I myself, haven't ran electric for 6 years now.