R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   off road electric getting some what interestin (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/129257-off-road-electric-getting-some-what-interestin.html)

b-man777 09-13-2006 08:49 AM

off road electric getting some what interestin

hey all:it's an interestin time for offroad electric racing.first they are trying to keep up with the explosion of 1/8th nitro off road as well as the continuing popularity of 1/10th electric sedan racing.we've seen new 1/10th 2wd and 4wd buggy releases or at least hits of them from kyosho tamiya academy TT racing schumacher durango x-factory and others.what i'd like to know is will new 2wd or 4wd electric buggies be coming from tamiya schumacher kyosho?so lots to get exited about at this time. :D

Nitroaddicts 09-13-2006 09:09 AM

Nitro, smoke, sound of the motor, dirt..... cant be beat :cool:

Buff 09-14-2006 06:16 PM

I tell you what's REALLY REALLY gonna shake things up in 1/10th electric offroad now..... Kinwald joining Team X Factory!!!!!

Now he's running Tekin stuff, and now the oddest car out there (meaning that with all due respect) the X6! This has to be the biggest news I've heard for a LONG time.

I'm really quite happy to see him do it though....he's like the Michael Jordan of r/c and his presence should really help X Factory get their new car REALLY dialed in along with Hodapp....the old "Gold Dust Twins".....I gurantee you, these two will be a serious threat for the win at the national events finishing out the year, and especailly next year!

To be very honest, I'm really stoked about this and see nothing but good things to come of this.
This will, in my opinion, help an even new resurrgence of popularity in electric offroad again that it desperately needed.

Chris Jarosz 09-14-2006 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Buff
I tell you what's REALLY REALLY gonna shake things up in 1/10th electric offroad now..... Kinwald joining Team X Factory!!!!!

Now he's running Tekin stuff, and now the oddest car out there (meaning that with all due respect) the X6! This has to be the biggest news I've heard for a LONG time.

I'm really quite happy to see him do it though....he's like the Michael Jordan of r/c and his presence should really help X Factory get their new car REALLY dialed in along with Hodapp....the old "Gold Dust Twins".....I gurantee you, these two will be a serious threat for the win at the national events finishing out the year, and especailly next year!

To be very honest, I'm really stoked about this and see nothing but good things to come of this.
This will, in my opinion, help an even new resurrgence of popularity in electric offroad again that it desperately needed.

Buff- I dont think Brian is running Tekin anymore. If you look at the Xfactory pics his car is using Novak. Also Hodapp has retired from R/C.

Buff 09-14-2006 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nitroaddicts

But the thing is, it all started with electric....electric will ALWAYS be around....nitro, not necessarily....i"m noticing it getting actually too big for itself and too expensive just to compete well and hard it seems.

Besides, IMO I think a great electric offroad driver running modified, impresses me a lot more than a bunch of wide-open throttle jockies with a 5000$ 1/8 scale truggy with more aftermarket parts on his truck than an F-1 race car, and about as much skill as a pinky toe to drive it full wood on some blown out track where you have to wear goggles just to see everything and headsets to communicate with a much needed pit man whom may need to restart the engine several times throughout the race in order to keep going, and enough noise to make a Metallica concert seem like a Church gathering, and all while shortening your own lifespan by 15 years due to the nitro fumes filling your sinuses, lungs and eyes, and needing to buy a full size suburban to haul all the stuff around from track to track, much less needing hours upon hours to clean all the millions of parts on the truck, motor, etc., and then after all that, spending another 100$ or more on spare parts that you broke that same day because the truck ran 90mph down the straightaway and into the first turn fence because the throttle stuck wide open for some odd reason.....

Ok, maybe I exxagerated a bit, but these things do really happen at one time or another truthfully. That's what I like about electric....clean, straight-forward, requires more technical driving and is more of a challenge when competing with people of equal or higher skill, is cheaper, is cleaner, easier to move around, easier on the wallet as visits to the hobby shop are much less frequent and doesn't require all the very best parts to compete on a very high level (Billy Easton TQ'd AND won the Worlds with an almost completely box stock B4 a few short years back which WASN'T even the high dollar or "full blown decked out" race kit (FActory Team, as Billy was running a car much closer to what would be a standard "Team" version)

I could go on and on, but there's no need really....I guess I'm just still one of those old-school electric die-hard racers.....I'm really not knocking nitro purposely or literally as some would think because nitro is dialed....otherwise there wuoldn't be so many people jumping into it every day....however Electric does seem to be making a resurrgence as well now that Kinwald's made a lot of BIG HUGE changes, and I'm "stoked" for him and wish him the very best because his presence makes a HUGE impact on the electric side of the hobby and is very influential to racers around the world and I'm know Brian made AE and especially Losi a few dumptruck loads of money throughout the years.

I would be looking for a lot of people to be switching to X FActory in the near future just because of BK and this helps X Factory's reputation even more in a HUGE way and this couldn't be better overall for electric offroad racing.

For the majority of the life of electric offroad r/c racing, there's been only two main brands that have successfully made it through thick and thin, having started from the very beginning, and is still competiing more than ever to this day....

And with all due respect to Traxxas, they made a hard charge back in the early 90's at AE and Losi, and even coming away with many many titles, locally, state, regional, and nationally. However, for whatever reasons that Traxxas left the racing scene, (there seem to be many theories) several years back, AE and Losi were again left at the top of this r/c food chain, although Schumacher made some "in and out" waves of of appearances and successfulness as well alongside Traxxas, but doing the same as Traxxas did, sooner or later, jumped out of serious 1/10th scale electric offroad racing too. I hated hearing the news at both when each decision was made, but r/ c electric offroad racing still needed to move on, and thank God it did and has.

The fact that Traxxas and Schumacher both made bigtime efforts at designing and racing electric offroad cars and having great drivers to back them up, was still a great thing even though it didn't last....(I think that they both quit the racing understandingly, because racing was too small a percentage of profit as the RTR/backyard basher side of the hobby was where the money was to be made....and again, very understandable...afterall, these are businesses, and businesses are out to make money as well as make people happy in the hobby/sport.

To make a VERY long stor short, it's SO awesome to see a standup group of guys like the ones on the new X-Factory Team get on to help support another addition to electric 1/10th scale offroad racing!!! My personall favorite class and probably always will be which more specifically is 2 wheel mod buggy, and 4 wheel mod buggy especially considering they're so competitive these days. I sure hope X Factory is here to stay and I'm sure they'll be a HUGE factor when it comes down to putting all the chips on the table.

This is exactly what this class has needed is more diversity to help bring it's already existing popularity back and refreshen it, and I would like to say congrats to all that new r/c "muscle" that's joined the team, and to Chazz....what a great move man!!! A genius decision, and wish you guys the very best!!

Diversity is what it's all about my r/c bretheren!! :)

Buff 09-14-2006 07:24 PM

rcdude.....oh...ok, thanks for the news.....oh well. At least X Factory's got Brian now, and that in itself is SO huge for our sport.

Hope you enjoyed the little book I just wrote! :sneaky: ;)

Who knows, we will most likely get someone to replace BK on Tekin....and I'm sure they will be another great driver....along with possibly many more!

By the way rcdude....thanks for the support too. ;) :nod:

Chris Jarosz 09-14-2006 07:33 PM

No problem Buff anything for a fellow racer. :cool: Also if you check Tekins site they dont have anything about Brian there. Also if you go the the Kinwald goes to Xfactory thread his sig doesnt have tekin in it.....

jbrow1 09-14-2006 08:11 PM

lol, I liked the book. Made me chuckle. I see both sides and race both sides of the story. :)

I think Kinwald racing for Chazz and Xfactory is pretty sweet. It's not the same old story.

AndyMoore 09-15-2006 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Buff
But the thing is, it all started with electric....electric will ALWAYS be around....nitro, not necessarily....i"m noticing it getting actually too big for itself and too expensive just to compete well and hard it seems.

Besides, IMO I think a great electric offroad driver running modified, impresses me a lot more than a bunch of wide-open throttle jockies with a 5000$ 1/8 scale truggy with more aftermarket parts on his truck than an F-1 race car, and about as much skill as a pinky toe to drive it full wood on some blown out track where you have to wear goggles just to see everything and headsets to communicate with a much needed pit man whom may need to restart the engine several times throughout the race in order to keep going, and enough noise to make a Metallica concert seem like a Church gathering, and all while shortening your own lifespan by 15 years due to the nitro fumes filling your sinuses, lungs and eyes, and needing to buy a full size suburban to haul all the stuff around from track to track, much less needing hours upon hours to clean all the millions of parts on the truck, motor, etc., and then after all that, spending another 100$ or more on spare parts that you broke that same day because the truck ran 90mph down the straightaway and into the first turn fence because the throttle stuck wide open for some odd reason.....

Werd.....It also seems interested that the majority of fast nitro guys were/are fast electric guys first. Maybe there is a little more skill in driving a 2wd mod than wheeling a 1/8th scale. With that said, hopefully brushless will encourage growth in the electric scene....Food for thought.

WheelNut 09-15-2006 08:01 PM

Buff- preach it brotha'! Electric for life! Just wait until the electric 1/8th revolution hits in a couple years, then the whole nitro house of cards will collapse!

TeamBrainDamage 09-16-2006 05:40 PM

Buff , that is too funny! :ha: :D

electric turnout has been a little low here in new england in the last year, I have seen a couple tracks in our area not even list an electric class on thier website, this is not good, since a new driver / racer may look at a tracks information and only see nitro classes offered, and my not even think of buying an electric RC having no place to race it. i feel the only thing keeping off road electric going in our area, is we have a great indoor off road track (rc excitment) hopefully the future is bright for elerctric off road, brushless motors and now lipo batteries should help the future,

and great to see Kinwald return, and now with X-Factory,hopefully he makes his return soon, and I can get some tips and set-ups for my X-5, and soon my X-6 that i'm going to build now!

Montrealer 09-16-2006 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nitroaddicts

Sooo true !

sleek the elite 09-16-2006 07:00 PM

LOL,

Buff, Duude, take a breath :lol:

That was too funny reading that....

I'm also an electric die hard, and I understand what your saying, but I think the driving style comes about from the type of tracks driven on. (bumpy)

Rocket42 09-16-2006 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Buff- preach it brotha'! Electric for life! Just wait until the electric 1/8th revolution hits in a couple years, then the whole nitro house of cards will collapse!

there will be no electric 1/8 revolution. its the sounds of the engine, smoke, gravity, pit stops that make 1/8 more like real racing and more popular.

but i have to agree with this thread that electric is starting to get interesting again. espescially with kinwald wheeling the x-factory

Kendall Welch 09-16-2006 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Werd.....It also seems interested that the majority of fast nitro guys were/are fast electric guys first. Maybe there is a little more skill in driving a 2wd mod than wheeling a 1/8th scale. With that said, hopefully brushless will encourage growth in the electric scene....Food for thought.

I have always thought that it was way easier to drive a 1/8 scale buggy than drive a 2wd mod. You can pitch the 1/8 around and overshoot jumps and stuff, they are so forgiving, whereas the 2wd is kind of twitchy and you always have to be on top of your game. 2wd would seem to have better drivers because it is a harder class.

It seems to me that the whole electric scene is dying out, gas is taking its place. One racer told me a couple of weeks ago that all the classes that require good driving skill are dying away. I agree with him, look at 2wd mod and gas truck. Both of these cars are harder to drive than anything else out there and they don't really get that many people anymore. At the Silver State race last year I think someone told me they had like 30-40 gas trucks, if that. That is a sad number compared to 1/8 buggy and truggy.

We should bring back electric to where it once was.