R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-11-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default R/C Choppers

I briefly looked through an R/C helicopter mag today and these things look pretty sweet. I was wondering how small of scale they make, like 1/18th scale is pretty much the smallest car you can get, what about the smallest wide range of rc choppers? Also, are they fun to drive, seems like it would get boring because of lack of changing terrain. Sorry if this is not the right place to post, figured its nitro and electric.
RoostAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well technically those are "off road" vehicles. LMAO

However, you could post this in the RC FLIGHT forum if you really cared enough to.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoostAZ
I briefly looked through an R/C helicopter mag today and these things look pretty sweet. I was wondering how small of scale they make, like 1/18th scale is pretty much the smallest car you can get, what about the smallest wide range of rc choppers? Also, are they fun to drive, seems like it would get boring because of lack of changing terrain. Sorry if this is not the right place to post, figured its nitro and electric.
Radio controlled helicopters are the [email protected] However they are very technical and require a lot of practice to fly. If you think setup for rc cars is tough, helicopters are three times the work. The "micro" revolution has also taken over planes and helis. There are small electric powered helis that can be flown indoors (by an experienced person). If you are looking into getting a helicopter, check out runryder.com or rcuniverse.com. Good luck.

BTW, planes and helicopters are not at all boring. They can do everything surface vehicles do and they can be flown 3D (in capable hands).

Loren
llamont is offline   Reply With Quote