R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   o.s rg .21 engine anyone know where to get one? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/127434-o-s-rg-21-engine-anyone-know-where-get-one.html)

downunder23 08-29-2006 05:14 AM

o.s rg .21 engine anyone know where to get one?

hi im looking for the os rg (p) (sports) engine and towerhobbies has discontinued this engine does anyone know where to get one?

Davidka 08-29-2006 07:56 AM

www.amainhobbies.com

Discontinued? really?

mattyk6 08-29-2006 08:28 AM

I can't believe it. I was just getting ready to purchase this motor from Tower (using a gift cert that I have).

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBZ33&P=7

A-Main only listed the Pull Start version. Tower still has that one also and Tower has the threaded shaft version in 'limited quantities'.

Is OS still producing this motor? Do they have a new version coming out?

Turbo Joe 08-29-2006 08:29 AM

I heard a few weeks ago that they were coming out with a newer version thta was slightly more hopped-up.

I'm sure you can still get one off Ebay. That does suck though. :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Turbo Joe 08-29-2006 08:47 AM

I just called Hobbico and they were pretty surprised...then I e-mailed to "[email protected]".

Here's hoping...

AreCee 08-29-2006 08:51 AM

Usually when Tower says something is discontinued it really means that they're out of stock and may not be reordering for a while (it was a slow seller or in retail, a dog). Also they may not be carrying the line anymore. So even if they say it's discontinued it may be that Tower will no longer carry the item.

However, it is entirely possible that OS is making some changes in their line of car engines.

Turbo Joe 08-29-2006 09:11 AM

It's discontinued according to Hobbico. The guy I talked to hadn't known about it prior to my call, but he did pull it up and was about as surprised as I was.

He just kept referring me to the (totally worthless...LOL) website.

AreCee 08-29-2006 09:52 AM

Websites tend to lag behind, so he's probably on top of it and that line has been discontinued by OS.

mattyk6 08-29-2006 09:56 AM

I sent an email asking about a replacement for the RG to OS and this was their response: Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any information on future releases or planned future kits.

So, I choose to take that as they do have something to replace the RG. If there was no planned replacement, you would think they would come right out and say it.

downunder23 08-29-2006 05:17 PM

yeah the threaded shaft is the one with the (p) in the name and its that one thats discontinued you can get the short shafted one but i need the longer shaft with the thread inside the end.
anyone herd how the rg-x goes?

amain 08-29-2006 06:52 PM

YES the os rg WAS disscontinued and they are comming out with a diffrent and batter modle. so if u want one jump on it NOW

AreCee 08-29-2006 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by downunder23
yeah the threaded shaft is the one with the (p) in the name and its that one thats discontinued you can get the short shafted one but i need the longer shaft with the thread inside the end.
anyone herd how the rg-x goes?

The (P) refers to it having a "Pilot Shaft" or also known as the SG shaft.

KK-racing 08-29-2006 07:42 PM

O.S. ENGINE

1 Attachment(s)
The pullstart version(MAX-21RG(P)-X) is still available from
'www.singahobby.com' @ US175.

The specs. is exactly the same as the non-pullstart version, except the weight is slightly heavier due to the pullstart mechanism.

downunder23 08-29-2006 08:14 PM

does anyone know how much the rg (p) (sports) used to retail for? im lookin at a second hand one with a race head on it looks nice i just need to know the exact price brand new.

cmain 08-29-2006 08:33 PM

they ranged from 99.99 to 129.99 for the sg/pilot shaft version.