Wiki Posts
Search

Airtronics/Futaba/JR???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Airtronics/Futaba/JR???

I currently run the JR XS3Pro and am looking to upgrade to a new radio with a plug modules so I can run Spectrum stuff in the near future. I am thinking about getting either the 3PK or the JR Z-1. I'm not too crazy about the design of the M-11, but am still considering it. I like that I can still use the Z-1 with the JR 310 receivers I have now, but am kinda leaning towards the Futaba. Any input from those that have used these would be greatly appreciated...pros/cons, likes/dislikes etc. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

I have had my 3pk for two years now without a problem.For the past year I have had the spektrum unit with it,not a single problem.I think it is the best radio out their.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had my 3PK for over two years and the Spektrum in it for over a year. No problems at all. I replaced the NiCad Tx with 2500mah NiMH AA and can race all day in 1/8 scale buggy (long mains) without a worry.

I tried the multi wheel position adapter since I was used to an Airtronics XL2P and a Hitec 3D Lynx but found that the standard wheel position actually felt better and more balanced.

The new super version enhances all the positives about this radio.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

These days all the radios can do the same thing as the next. I run Futaba 3PK as well. My opinion is run what ever feels most comfortable to you. I am used to the feel of the Futaba throttle and wheel tension. Although it is adjustable I leave it at the factory setting. It just feels better to me. So run what feels best to you.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am using a Z1 with a Spektrum Pro setup for my nitro vehicles. I like the Z1 for the $$$ b/c it comes with a synthesized module and an RS310, which I keep in my electric vehicles.

Anyone of the 3 mentioned should be fine...I would try to hold them first, if possible.