Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-CR vs RC10B4

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default XXX-CR vs RC10B4

OK, for those of you who have BOTH cars, I would like some comments as to what do you think so far in terms of the differences between them. How do they stack up against each other? Lap times? I don't care about the recent race results (Amezcua, Cavalieri...what ever... ). I want the regular racers insight...etc...

How are the cars different in terms of wear & tear? (drive train, shocks, and suspension)

L8er dudes !
Old 08-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Okay, I can tell you

Losi sucks. Oh wait, was it AE that sucks ? Let me check I 'll get back to you.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

after having both AEB4 and LOSI CR and BK2, the CR is most consistent. i want to try the B4 again, as i dont feel i got used to it that much before i sold it. eithe car, CR or B4 is good
Old 08-29-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Both are great cars that can be setup to your track and driving style. The CR seems to have the edge in the durability department with the B4 having somewhat weak front arms compared to the CR. Either way you cannot go wrong with either of these cars.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My experience with the B4 is:
- Great steering
- Can handle a lot of power (low turn motors)
- Very very durable
- Best transmission in the business
- I don't have a backup car because I don't need one
- Very good for racing
- If you don't get the Factory Team model (which has all of the hop-ups you would ever need) make sure that you get an aluminum front hinge brace (comes w/FT version)
Old 08-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have both and have worked with both for a while.

The B4 is faster imho. It can turn very fast laps. However, it is much harder to drive. The CR is very easy to drive and it is forgiving.

Therefore, although the B4 may turn faster laps, I make less mistakes with the Losi and in the long run I am way faster with the CR. Especially when under pressure.

As far as durability, the CR EA3 material sucks in my opinion. It breaks easier than graphite and it loosens up faster. Losi Graphite is AWESOME stuff. The b4 arms are weaker than losi graphite and do break easier.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:04 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Ive had both. The Losi has a better tranny and better shocks. The EA3 is tough. I broke one arm so far. I'm not a great driver and have put it through it's paces. Our local track has killer jumps and is very rough. A true off road track.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've had both cars. The durabliity of the losi graphite is the best with associated coming in second. The ea3 stuff is good just not great. I think some guys are boiling the parts before installing them which helps alot.

They are both good cars. Each one is better on a given track. Like at Nats certain parts of that layout the losi cars struggled on. The thing i liked best about the b4 is the setup rarely changes much you just drive it. With a losi seems like you have to do some wrenching to get up to speed.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

I have had both cars. The AE i think can go faster but it is much harder to drive. The CR's new tranny is awesome and of course fantastic Losi shocks. The EA3 vs. AE stuff the associated is stronger. If you have a CR and break a part I would recommend losi graphite arms because like killer89 said that losi graphite is sick.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

I do not think that the B4 is faster than the CR. The CR can be just as aggressive steering car as the B4 with the right setup. It is true the stock setup that it comes with is very forgiving and has a little push to it making it easy to drive. But it is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I have raced both and like the B4 but found the CR to be just as good with better shocks and better durability in my experience. I have had no problems with the EA3 material even though the Titanium turnbuckles could be better quality. Some turnbuckles from Lunsford should fix that. I did find the front a-arms to be somewhat frail on the B4. This is my experience with both cars. Your results might vary!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default Thanks guys

Even though I did not started this post, it was exact question I was going to ask.

I am looking for a durable and tough 2wd buggy. I am choosing btwn the xxxcr and the B4.

Thank you for your inputs.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default B4

What does boiling the arms in hot water do...........

Originally Posted by schmelme
I've had both cars. The durabliity of the losi graphite is the best with associated coming in second. The ea3 stuff is good just not great. I think some guys are boiling the parts before installing them which helps alot.

They are both good cars. Each one is better on a given track. Like at Nats certain parts of that layout the losi cars struggled on. The thing i liked best about the b4 is the setup rarely changes much you just drive it. With a losi seems like you have to do some wrenching to get up to speed.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Losi Shocks

Anyone tried the Losi shocks on the B4 since some say they are better.

Originally Posted by sport10
I do not think that the B4 is faster than the CR. The CR can be just as aggressive steering car as the B4 with the right setup. It is true the stock setup that it comes with is very forgiving and has a little push to it making it easy to drive. But it is a wolf in sheeps clothing. I have raced both and like the B4 but found the CR to be just as good with better shocks and better durability in my experience. I have had no problems with the EA3 material even though the Titanium turnbuckles could be better quality. Some turnbuckles from Lunsford should fix that. I did find the front a-arms to be somewhat frail on the B4. This is my experience with both cars. Your results might vary!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

The reason that the losi shocks are better are two things. First they use a 3 hole piston where associated uses two allowing the use of lighter oil for assorbing rough sections better without having bottoming problems. Second losi's shocks are the easiest to tune and rebuild out there.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default B4

Have you seen a B4 using Losi shocks @ the track?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.