Old 08-31-2006, 01:56 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2
mate raced with them for 5 years

they suck balls

no total grip what so ever, first time out with b4, track record, go figure.

why is then that the only cars to come from a hair pin to clear a large triple the B4? Forward traction thats why

If the cars were that bad, then why did your buddy use them for 5 years? Sounds like someone is exagerrating a bit..

Seriously, though.. if you can't get the rear end of a losi to hook up, you might as well find another hobby. That's like saying you can't get a B4 to steer.
Serzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i have both cars and i can get them to feel ALOT alike in terms of steeriing and accel. both cars are good cars it just depends on what you like about both cars ,if you have to make a love ,hate list of both cars this might help with a decision this is one hate with a losi seems like you have to do some wrenching to get up to speed hope this helps
Old 09-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

which car would handle best on a rutted track? i ask because the track we race on tends to get rutted. i have a 4wd buggy but im looking for more of a chalange driving wise. my SB Pro is point and shoot. you turn and it turns. i want somepthing that will be a little more of a chalange keeping it strait through the whoops and keeping it level through the jumps. im a die-hard associated fan but if you guys say losi then losi it is.

Matt
mat3833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #34
Tech Regular

I think the Losi handles better in the rough rutted stuff. The B4 I think is better on smoother tracks. I say that because all of that B4 steering is harder to drive on rougher surfaces.

Team Associated ~ Pro-Line ~ Slingshot Batteries ~ LRP ~ HT Batteries ~ Upgrade RC ~ RCid ~ Fusion Motorsports ~ Novarossi ~ Ace Hobby ~ TQ Fuel ~ Competition Products
MXer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #35
Tech Addict

what is i tone the steering down on the B4? is that the only reasont to pick the losi?

Matt
Old 09-05-2006, 06:09 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzoni
If the cars were that bad, then why did your buddy use them for 5 years? Sounds like someone is exagerrating a bit..

Seriously, though.. if you can't get the rear end of a losi to hook up, you might as well find another hobby. That's like saying you can't get a B4 to steer.

wtf? why would i need to exagerate? i got a losi when the the original xxx came out, then a bk then a bk2, only got a b4 last october, you work out the math.

for rear traction look at last years worlds.....where were the losi's?????

thats right thought so

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #37
Tech Regular

if losi has more rear traction how come the b4. won the worlds on one of the most rutted tracks that any worlds has EVER been run on ,and had more cars in the A mains ,if i remember right it was like 7 b4s to 3 losi xxxcr both cars are great cars .talk to other racers at YOUR track see if they will let you drive there car to get an idea how they drive ,yes they will drive differant ,feel differance ,but this is what you are looking for to see what the differance is in YOUR opinion and hopfully find out what you like . thanks now that ive said my other .02 worth i will let some one else shoot it down.hahahaha
Old 09-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingy
if losi has more rear traction how come the b4. won the worlds on one of the most rutted tracks that any worlds has EVER been run on ,and had more cars in the A mains ,if i remember right it was like 7 b4s to 3 losi xxxcr both cars are great cars .talk to other racers at YOUR track see if they will let you drive there car to get an idea how they drive ,yes they will drive differant ,feel differance ,but this is what you are looking for to see what the differance is in YOUR opinion and hopfully find out what you like . thanks now that ive said my other .02 worth i will let some one else shoot it down.hahahaha
thanks, ill take your advice. theres a state race coming up in about 3 days. ill go and ask some friends if i can drive their cars.

Matt
Old 09-06-2006, 05:28 AM   #39
Tech Regular

both are durable, ive had both and never broken a part
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:06 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From my observations at the track, the new incarnation of the XXX, i.e. the CR, does seem to be smoother then previous versions of the car but.... That said, I have been lured into buying one by the Losi Marketing machine. So far after one race meeting...

- looking for steering...oops, the diff wasn't tight enough
- this thing rotates hard on 180 turns (using brakes of course)
- mid to exit steering is still absent...(try other front tires)
- fast acceleration out of turns (more so than the B4)
- damn, I wish I could keep it tight on these mid-speed turns (on 60% of the turns)
- OK I got it! I have to turn the car on power, like a rally special (not an easy task)
- diff is smooth, but when I turn the diff over it feels creamy (B4 feels free)

This meeting was occuring on a loamy track that when watered traction is high (CR pushes). When the track dries, B4 becomes harder to drive and the CR still pushes (even more so )

How can I cure this, I have only run the kit setup.

L8
b4zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #41
Tech Regular

i had this same prob. with mine , all i did is took out anti squat and it helped out ALOT try this and let me know what happens .
Old 09-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to killer89

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4zed
From my observations at the track, the new incarnation of the XXX, i.e. the CR, does seem to be smoother then previous versions of the car but.... That said, I have been lured into buying one by the Losi Marketing machine. So far after one race meeting...

- looking for steering...oops, the diff wasn't tight enough
- this thing rotates hard on 180 turns (using brakes of course)
- mid to exit steering is still absent...(try other front tires)
- fast acceleration out of turns (more so than the B4)
- damn, I wish I could keep it tight on these mid-speed turns (on 60% of the turns)
- OK I got it! I have to turn the car on power, like a rally special (not an easy task)
- diff is smooth, but when I turn the diff over it feels creamy (B4 feels free)

This meeting was occuring on a loamy track that when watered traction is high (CR pushes). When the track dries, B4 becomes harder to drive and the CR still pushes (even more so )

How can I cure this, I have only run the kit setup.

L8

The kit setup on the CR pushes BAD.

To get it where I wanted, I put .5 oz of lead in front of the servo. Moved the rear camber link out 1 spot on the tower. And I moved the front camber link on the bulkhead to the outer hole.
killer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #43
Tech Addict

ok well our local track has been re-done!! it is smooth and they changed the layout. now it is set up for mostly 8th scale buggys but the 1/10 seem to do ok. on a semi-smooth track with a big tabletop and a small double and tripple what would be the better car? im failry apt at tuning cars to drive how i want them to so if its a little off i can add weight or change a setting to make it work. im not a skilled drifter so if you must drive the XXX like that its not for me.

Matt
Old 09-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat3833
ok well our local track has been re-done!! it is smooth and they changed the layout. now it is set up for mostly 8th scale buggys but the 1/10 seem to do ok. on a semi-smooth track with a big tabletop and a small double and tripple what would be the better car? im failry apt at tuning cars to drive how i want them to so if its a little off i can add weight or change a setting to make it work. im not a skilled drifter so if you must drive the XXX like that its not for me.

Matt
If your track was reconditioned as "smooth" and you want steering, the B4 is a better choice than the XXX. No faults on the losi, I own a BK2 and XXX-CR, but from my experience, my B4 has more steering and is easier to drive on smoother tracks. If the track was rough, I would suggest the XXX series, but the B4 is better on a entirely smooth track.

Could you imagine losi threaded shocks on a B4? That would OWN !
NP-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #45
Tech Addict

the track still has some bumps in a few sections but they flattened and grated the whole track. it looks like the B4 then! im looking for a roller if anyone has one!

Matt