R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Default umm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
What does boiling the arms in hot water do...........
only works on plastic, but it makes them a bit more flexible to reduce breakage.
santinuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:43 PM   #17
Tech Addict

I'm sure many will argue otherwise, but I'll say it anyways. The 'new' CR still doesn't turn. New rear end didn't help nor did the new steering rack. There's no way around it. The old XXX didn't steer, the XXX BK2 steered worse yet, and now the CR doesn't steer. If you need some proof, go to www.2wdrc.com and download the buggy A-mains from the Losi race. Notice how Travis Amezcua must 'sling' his buggy around every turn while Ryan C. and Ryan M. just turn the wheel and their buggies track nicely right around the corner. Amezcua is one of the most gifted drivers in the U.S. ..... and that is what it takes to make the XXX work. If I drove like he did, I'd stuff the buggy into every pipe. It's not easy drifting every corner while keeping the car under control. I will say that the Losi will ALWAYS have rear traction. It is very forgiving and it is on the same level as the B4 in low traction conditions. Most tracks I run at (especially at indoor clay tracks) are good to high traction tracks. On a high traction track, the Losi car will never take a corner tight. You'll push all the way into the pipe. After 4 years of running the Losi XXX car (all variations), talking with a variety of racers (sponsored racers as well), and trying every setup imaginable, I finally bought myself a new B4.
Laterilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterilus
I'm sure many will argue otherwise, but I'll say it anyways. The 'new' CR still doesn't turn. New rear end didn't help nor did the new steering rack. There's no way around it. The old XXX didn't steer, the XXX BK2 steered worse yet, and now the CR doesn't steer.......On a high traction track, the Losi car will never take a corner tight. You'll push all the way into the pipe. After 4 years of running the Losi XXX car (all variations), talking with a variety of racers (sponsored racers as well), and trying every setup imaginable, I finally bought myself a new B4.
It's unfortunate that you feel that way, i've found my production CR to turn a LOT better than the BK2 and even my prototype CR on my home track, while still generating a ton of rear bite.. MHOR R/C is 80'x36', extremely tight, super high-bite clay. Proof - this is back in February, but - click here and you'll notice the Five 180 degree corners, and not a B4 in sight - Scott Brown, Charlie Perez, Kody Numendahl, et al.... My CR has never "pushed to the pipe," seems to take tight corners rather well.... But i've never driven a B4, so I understand if this doesn't apply to this thread
Old 08-30-2006, 06:54 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what do u mean the losi has so much rear grip

They are spin out machines!

The B4 is the forward traction master car. If anyone is having trouble getting a B4 to hook up, they either suck at setup, and should use the worlds setup and adjust from there, or jsut go home cause nothing will help them

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:48 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to killer89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2
what do u mean the losi has so much rear grip

They are spin out machines!

The B4 is the forward traction master car. If anyone is having trouble getting a B4 to hook up, they either suck at setup, and should use the worlds setup and adjust from there, or jsut go home cause nothing will help them

lol Thats the first time I've ever heard anyone say that a b4 has more rear traction than a losi.

I'm just curious, but have you ever owned a losi and spent time working with it?
killer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Oh wow. I had big problems with my B4 having traction. I got my CR and traction was there once again. If you have both, I would experiment a little with the CR.

Team Associated ~ Pro-Line ~ Slingshot Batteries ~ LRP ~ HT Batteries ~ Upgrade RC ~ RCid ~ Fusion Motorsports ~ Novarossi ~ Ace Hobby ~ TQ Fuel ~ Competition Products
MXer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:24 PM   #22
Tech Addict

It really is personal preference. I personally prefer (and race) the losi, but I've driven some great handing B4's.
My losi is very forgiving, and I feel like I can push the car harder and not crash. I also hate building associated shocks
SoCalLosiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:47 PM   #23
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer89
lol Thats the first time I've ever heard anyone say that a b4 has more rear traction than a losi.

O-yeah ! Its true !
B-4 does has more traction, thats why it is so fast ...

I believe it anyway ....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It has so much traction I put a full ounce of lead in the back. I love my b4 though.

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to killer89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdav
It has so much traction I put a full ounce of lead in the back.
Exactally
killer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #26
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdav
It has so much traction I put a full ounce of lead in the back. I love my b4 though.
1oz only !!
LoL !
put some more lead in there !!!!

Then your B-4 will have even "more betta traction" than a Cr..
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:43 AM   #27
Tech Apprentice

By reading these posts it is obvious that ou can get either buggy to work well. It is all about finding a set-up that works for your driving style. I was a losi guy for a long time, and last winter I made the switch to Associated. I love the Associated cars, and the way the respond to set-up changes. Once again it is purely prefrence. If Cavaleri was driving for Losi again I'm sure he would still be winning all the big races.
gman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:57 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer89

I'm just curious, but have you ever owned a losi and spent time working with it?

mate raced with them for 5 years

they suck balls

no total grip what so ever, first time out with b4, track record, go figure.

why is then that the only cars to come from a hair pin to clear a large triple the B4? Forward traction thats why

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:25 AM   #29
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2
mate raced with them for 5 years

they suck balls

no total grip what so ever, first time out with b4, track record, go figure.

why is then that the only cars to come from a hair pin to clear a large triple the B4? Forward traction thats why
Seriously, I can concede that a Losi car may not steer as well (although pretty darn good), and I can concede that the AE cars break a little more often (that losi graphite), but what you are saying is something I have NEVER seen or driven. I race at a track where forward traction is everything, and I can guarantee you a Losi has more of it. Too much sometimes that I have to move the hubs back.
Team Losi Racing (TLR) - Team Orion - Spektrum - JConcepts - Horizon Hobby - Stick It 1 - Sticky Kicks - Bradley's Fine Line Designs - liverc.com - OCRC Raceway - Tuning Haus - Pacific Coast Hobbies - RIP
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

I have raced both and a well setup Losi buggy has just as much steering as its associatied counterpart. If you cannot get your losi to steer you need to learn how to setup it up better. I run mainly losi and all of mine steer sharply and have a tons of steering. I also get good traction with them too. It is all about finding that balance between steering and traction. I chose the CR over the B4 because I like how it is designed better. I have not regretted my decision in going with Losi ever. I have raced with a well setup B4 also and it was a good car. I would not go as far to say it is better for faster than the Losi car.
Associated TC7.1
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote