R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #226
Tech Regular

Johnston-
This is where I am currently on the car. We don't have blue groove in the midwest, but we have hardpacked clay. I would imagine you might need to do some spring/shock tweaking to get it really good. This should be a decent starting point.

Front: shocks: 2-5 pistons, bladder upside down in the cap, 30 wt. AE oil, green AE springs, shocks mounted outside tower, middle arm, 7* blocks, camber hole number .
Rear: shocks: 2-5 pistons, bladder upside down in cap, 25 wt. AE oil, green AE springs, shocks mounted 3rd hole in on tower, inside on arm, hubs moved 2mm forward, 3*anti squat, 3* toe in, camber link center row inside, inside on hub (hub shaved down 2 mm)
Center one-way, geared 6-7 teeth over the wind with 80t spur, carbon, center brace run in the back position.

I'll post an image of my setup sheet when i get a chance
hope this helps
Old 12-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #227
Tech Rookie

Thank you very much Dan, I will give this a try.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:22 PM   #228
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dave... is there any kind of mid-motor chassis conversion being considered for the V2 similar to the BJ4WE or the KM conversion for the Kyosho? Just curious if it had been considered or if any of your boys were playing with it.. If not, maybe we can get Bean to try it... He's a magician with a Dremel Tool.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #229
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner

Someone say Dremel? I have stock in that company. Im like the head R&D guy for them. lol.

As soon as I get home ill post my setup that I ran on a very highbite blue grooved track.

Other then that, I have nothing new to report. Other then my kitchen sink has been very bad lately. Anyone know a plumber that works for beer and chips?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #230
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SoonerNate: No plans on a mid motor 4wd, the car jumps straight, and launches out of the turns without torque steer. Have you ever tried our car? Its steers a ton with good rear bite.

We are still on schedule for an early February delivery of the SBV2 Pro car. Talk to you soon!
DG Designs, Team Scream, TQ Wire
Old 12-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Bean...

Jan 13th... Enid.. be there with your wheeler and a pack charged up for me ready to GO lol. Thats the first time I can run again after my move.

And none of the ghey 5 cell stuff either...
Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #232
Tech Master

Ill be there. You know it. ill have 4 or 5 packs charged for you. and a special 8 turn bolted in.

DAN Griffin - Can you hook me up with some info on the CRCRC race comming up in Jan. Dates, track surface, ect. Going to try and make it up for it. Dave G said you would be the dude to talk to about it.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:14 PM   #233
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dave, I haven't tried the car, but when the V2 pro comes out I might pick one up if I continue having issues with my XX-4. Especially after seeing Bean's pink rocket run down here. I'll just have to be cautious when building the front end.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #234
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Dont worry Nate you wont have the same front end problem, that was operater error. I can show you the three specific things to look for.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #235
Tech Adept

Default SB-V2 REVIEW

I am not a good driver or a reviewer, but I have my SB-V2 review.
Follow the link if you are interested.

http://rcforum.co.kr/rcbbs/view.php?id=rcnews&no=832

Send us your RC news to us [email protected]
Old 12-12-2006, 07:39 AM   #236
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Apexs

iv just got my sbv2 kit, and i have a few noob questions i hope someone could help me with,

i take it in the manual where it has something in a box with "tuning part" over it, this is a part that you replace to change how the car handles? or do they just mean they have hopup part for this? or something else?

some parts have "oilless metal" ?

is the kit damper oil any good? or what should i used instead?

some parts require instant glue? what should i use?

any parts i should get replacements for, before building it up? ball diff's, bearing's etc?

Better tires?, and some chrome alloys would be nice.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #237
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcforum
I am not a good driver or a reviewer, but I have my SB-V2 review.
Follow the link if you are interested.
http://rcforum.co.kr/rcbbs/view.php?id=rcnews&no=832
wheres the review? i only see photos?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

APEXS: I take it in the manual where it has something in a box with "tuning part" over it, this is a part that you replace to change how the car handles? or do they just mean they have hopup part for this? or something else? These are optional parts, that enhance the overall performance of the vehicle.

Oiless metal means that it is impregnated with a graphite or something similar that does not need any other lubrication. It is still good to grease these parts up though.

You can use the stock oil, but any other aftermarket silicone oil will be just as good. Start out with 40wt or higher with the stock plastic shocks.

Instant Glue is Cyanoacrylic Glue, you can find this at any hobbystore, Crazy Glue is very similar but not as thin in viscosity.

As far as aftermarket tuning parts, the car is very good out of the box, keep an eye on this forum to see what other drivers are doing to there cars, or you can purchase some of the tuning parts in the back of your manual.

The kits stock tires are good for most surfaces, any 2.2" tire will fit on the rear rim, and any 2.2" 4wd front tire will fit on the front rim. The stock RIMS are the best do not buy aftermarket ones, ACADEMY rims are perfect for this car.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
DG Designs, Team Scream, TQ Wire
Old 12-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #239
Tech Adept

Thank you Dave, big help thanks, i have some of the upgrade parts on order already just wanted to check again before putting it together.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #240
Tech Master

Apexs - What type of track will you be racing on? Hard packed? Slick? Loamy dirt? I would ask the locals at your race track for a tire choices also.

And to add to what Dave G said, follow the instructions carefully and the car will go together without any worrys.

As far as hop ups. You might want to pick up some of the aluminum arm mounts and rear universals.

Other then that, enjoy the car. Its fast out of the box and alot of fun to drive.

Glen Bean
Closed Thread