Electric Truck<<>> What to Get??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric Truck<<>> What to Get??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Electric Truck<<>> What to Get??

Hi

New here but not new to R/C hobby. I have had nitros and electrics. I have currently a Rustler that I race at LHS track mods include full BB, P2k Pro motor, no esc in it ATM but usually un Explorer2, upgraded suspension, run 2400 batterys, and a few other things. Nothing to big but I let my driving do the work.

Anyways I have a a budget of $400. Truck im looking at is the Losi XXX-T Sport RTR for $270.00. I want something good to race this coming up spring and summer. I have 2000 and 2400 battery packs I can use.

If I was gonna go to with the XxX-T Sport what kind of aftermarket mod motor will go good in it and what ESC would be best.

I was orginally in the market for a good 4wd stadium truck but all I can find is the HPI RS4 MT. Cause the track I will be racing at is fairly large with alot of turns and only 2 straight aways with no kind of jumps in it. There is a fairly long whoop section they have there which is kinda tricky to manuevor but its ok.

Does anyone here else have any other good suggestions on r/c trucks out there? Thanks cya
Old 01-29-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Since you've already had a car, I'd definitely get a kit, especially if you're going to end up changing the RTR's esc and motor.

XXX-T or RC10T3 are basically your only choices - and with that budget you could probably afford the Matt Francis or Factory Team versions, as well as an ESC and motor (that is if you move the radio gear from your Rustler)
Old 01-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Rookie

ok I decided to get the XXX-T RTR kit form team losi site. My radio from my rustler is about wore out I think....thats why I want a RTR kit but I do have a spare Futuba JR radio that has a broke antenna on it from a old RC boat I had. Any way to get replacement antennas from it? and also will my Rustler receiver work if I was to use that in the truck?

When I do order the truck which will be in about a week and a half maybe 2 weeks im gonna order a better ESC and a better engine. ESC I wanna get is the Novak Dually and im very unsure on the motor any ideas?
Old 01-30-2003, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

You can buy replacement transmitter antenna's - whether your Rustler receiver works depends on the make and frequency.

Last edited by sosidge; 01-30-2003 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have a XXX-T and I have a Novak Dually ESC and a mainly a Team Trinity D4 13T motor. The Dually can handle any motor. I have also run some Reedy Rage stock motors in it and it goes pretty quick. If you got any other questions let me know. Hope this helps.

sosidge: Where did you hear that it can only handle a 12T max.? Just wondering.

Last edited by deltree; 01-30-2003 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry - my mistake.