NOOO! A HASBRO NITRO RC CAR!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NOOO! A HASBRO NITRO RC CAR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

This is not a hobby rc car. It will be just like the toy cars in the store, only nitro. Meaning that there is no easily removable lexan body and the engine will be totally enclosed so that it is impossible to burn/cut yourself on it and it will not be tunable, so they may not run at top performance, but the will always run. It's not actually being marketed to 16 year olds, that just covers them when some younger kid who isnt too bright hurts themself with it. When I was younger I remember that the age ratings on toys were always way off. And when is the last time you saw a nitro car blow up?

I got into nitro when I was 11 or 12 and never had any problems. Its just the type of kid who buys it. There are kids who like to build models and kids who like to play video games, the latter should probably stay away from hobby nitro cars.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just as long as it doesnt make us look bad or get extra heat for running ours around the streets then I really dont care. If anything itll get more people into the hobby which is good for everyone.

But on a bad side it could be some fast and the furious type feeling where these kids come into the hobby with the wrong ideas and soon we have a class for drifting or something totally stupid. Basically its like were the old foegies griping about how rc was great before this came out.

Well hope it doesnt. All I can say is though , I race and I dont think the race community will get effected much...but the basher might.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I think the potential for added racers is a good thing!

As far as potential problems, people are dumb, sometimes too dumb to realize they aren't that smart. I have seen people complaining in the hobby shop about a Traxxas or HPI RTR they bought, yelling and carrying on about what a pile it is, refund, yada, yada, yada.

Only to find out they installed super unleaded into the fuel tank(melted plastic tank) and never read the manual. Other have tried to get the vehicle running without ever charging a glow ignitor(Flooded, sometimes damaged engine) or the receiver battery(run away).

First thing they were told(and several times) when making the purchase?

"Read the entire manual and watch ALL included DVDs before attempting to run the vehicle".

The brand of the vehicle will have NO effect on the people making the purchase and their ability to read or follow instructions.

, Jim
Old 08-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Just as long as it doesnt make us look bad or get extra heat for running ours around the streets then I really dont care. If anything itll get more people into the hobby which is good for everyone.

But on a bad side it could be some fast and the furious type feeling where these kids come into the hobby with the wrong ideas and soon we have a class for drifting or something totally stupid. Basically its like were the old foegies griping about how rc was great before this came out.

Well hope it doesnt. All I can say is though , I race and I dont think the race community will get effected much...but the basher might.
whoa hey...whats wrong with drifting?

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
I think the potential for added racers is a good thing!

As far as potential problems, people are dumb, sometimes too dumb to realize they aren't that smart. I have seen people complaining in the hobby shop about a Traxxas or HPI RTR they bought, yelling and carrying on about what a pile it is, refund, yada, yada, yada.

Only to find out they installed super unleaded into the fuel tank(melted plastic tank) and never read the manual. Other have tried to get the vehicle running without ever charging a glow ignitor(Flooded, sometimes damaged engine) or the receiver battery(run away).

First thing they were told(and several times) when making the purchase?

"Read the entire manual and watch ALL included DVDs before attempting to run the vehicle".

The brand of the vehicle will have NO effect on the people making the purchase and their ability to read or follow instructions.

, Jim
you can say that again
Old 08-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nothing is wrong with drifting when it was in japan and actually cool. Then it came to america and we played it out like its something brand new when its been around for a long long time before us and have mustangs and GTO's drifting.....man what a horrible sight to watch.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Nothing is wrong with drifting when it was in japan and actually cool. Then it came to america and we played it out like its something brand new when its been around for a long long time before us and have mustangs and GTO's drifting.....man what a horrible sight to watch.
you can say that again
Old 08-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How could this be any worse than glow powered control line airplanes? Huge numbers were sold to parents and used by their children. I'd think the exposed engine and propeller of a glow plane would be far more dangerous than an rc car.

The only risk I see is that people waste their money on something that doesn't perform well and is hard to get replacement parts for. Some will make the wrong choice and it will be their last RC car purchase, others will be spurred on to purchase higher quality equipment and really get into the hobby.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

If this were posted a few weeks ago, this could have been the answer for "Where does Baker go next".
Old 08-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by llamont
Hasbro + Nitro RC = Not that serious. I really dont think it will be that big of an issue. I got my first glow powered RC plane when I was 9 or 10 (Aircore 40 Family Trainer not to mention 5 times the potential for serious bodily harm). There were other kids who also had glow planes (one kid had a Kyosho Inferno DX in elementary school). The hobby is becoming more popular and children are being intorduced to "hobby-grade" rc products at a younger age. We had young kids with nitro powered cars at my old track in Ohio. Every now and then we would have a run away car/truck, or someone would turn their radio on in the pits but those were adults messing up. Hasbro making a nitro powered car may seem "different" to those of us who have been into the hobby for a while. But to the newby at Walmart, it's totally new and cool. Like hip hop, there is enough room in the industry for another company.

Loren

I agree with you Iceracer. Above is the reply I posted a couple of days ago.

Loren