R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-21-2006, 07:25 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

rccaraction.com has a post about these cars with pics. Fuel is being made by Wildcat. Hobby Town will the authorized repair shop.

An RCer who had a chance to run one of thse cars said you will be suprised at how well they are built.
BIGBADBOWTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Valentin.H

there are positives and negatives to this. positives would be more people getting into r/c, which will expand the rc hobby. the negative could/would be that kids could be abusing the car, something might blow up, or kids might get hurt by doing stupid ideas like chasing other kids with the car. this may end up in lawsuits. but i sort of like the idea since it probably will help and expand the RC world
Old 08-21-2006, 10:41 AM   #18
Tech Rookie

I 100% agree with you and hope it helps the hobby.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:26 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I think it's great and should really expand the hobby. I really don't see a downside to getting more mainstream attention for the hobby.
Breakin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:33 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I see it as a negative to the hobby... If it breaks right after you open the box, people are going to think that all rc cars are junk, and not be interested...

www.racetechhobbies.com
Flying_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #21
Tech Elite

that might not all be true ace...the negative truely is if the kids start doing dangerous and stupid things with these cars, and their parents could see it as a hazard, thus complaining blahblahblah about rc cars are too fast blahblahblah which might end up in a giant hole for R/C
Old 08-21-2006, 08:57 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Lol, the text of that article suggests that many concerns posted here are misguided:

Quote:
Hasbro is being careful to market these speedsters to those 16 years and up; while you can find these in hobby huts and mass merchants, they'll be MIA from typical toy stores.
Bit_Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:16 PM   #23
Tech Elite

okay...its aimed for 16 year olds? how about when lil 10 year old jimmy wants one for christmas and his parents buy him it?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:40 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Guru
okay...its aimed for 16 year olds? how about when lil 10 year old jimmy wants one for christmas and his parents buy him it?
Lol - if lil' jimmy's parents are comfortable with him messing around with internal combustion engines then he should set his sights a bit higher and ask for a savage, lst or revo

Just jokes - i do see what you mean. These things aint toys.... heck, ive seen mates my age (25 going on 10) doing ridiculously dangerous things with a 40+mph rc vehicle.
Bit_Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:26 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think this is Very bad.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:53 AM   #26
Tech Rookie

Why????

You do realize you can buy a Tower Hobbies ST 15 for the same price ??

Why is this ANY different...

EDIT.... as stated above... I have seen 25 year olds have less respect for RC's and their surroundings than even a 12-16 year old would.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #27
Tech Rookie

Sorry, but it's about time the adults started taking some responsibility in all this. If they're stupid enough to buy a nitro engine car capable of 25mph and give it to a 10 year old kid...well that's their stupid fault.

I live in the UK and it just winds me up to see people in the USA (and more and more in the UK) blaming everyone but themselves for a problem that they could have avoided. Everybody wants to blame someone else for their problems.

So if they buy their kid a nitro car and he burns himself, or hurts another kid or something else, how about the parents being prosecuted for irrisponsible behaviour. Not the hobby store, not the maker of the car, not the RC industry but the parents.

Might make people start to take some responsibility for their actions.
westers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by westers
Sorry, but it's about time the adults started taking some responsibility in all this. If they're stupid enough to buy a nitro engine car capable of 25mph and give it to a 10 year old kid...well that's their stupid fault.

I live in the UK and it just winds me up to see people in the USA (and more and more in the UK) blaming everyone but themselves for a problem that they could have avoided. Everybody wants to blame someone else for their problems.

So if they buy their kid a nitro car and he burns himself, or hurts another kid or something else, how about the parents being prosecuted for irrisponsible behaviour. Not the hobby store, not the maker of the car, not the RC industry but the parents.

Might make people start to take some responsibility for their actions.
well said!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

there are some 9 and 10 year old kids out there that are better drivers than 90% of the adults in the hobby, i dont think its the 9 or 10 year olds that would be the probelm, they are generally sort of affriad of nitro, and are resepectful of it, its the 16-20 year olds that are the ones that will be the problem, chasing their drunk/high buddies around with them and what not,

to me these things are no different than a duratrax or a traxxas, none of them intrest me at all, but if it helps grow the hobby, all the better,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I like the idea.

My only concern is of someone getting hurt and making a big deal about how unsafe all nitro rc cars are, Causing a big lawsuit that will shake the rc commuity to the core and changing it forever.

we all know that some people can get caried away over something little and ruin if for everyone.
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote