R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-10-2006, 07:09 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro Engine Will Not Start

I have a DuraTrax stadium truck with a pull start nitro engine. I took it to the hobby store and they said it was the throttle servo was stripped I replaced that. Now it wont start at all. Because before I replaced the servo it would start but the car would go full speed. I just bought this car used help please
personwitharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Your best bet is to take it to the hobby store and have them look at it.

Maybe your servo was not recentered and your carb is in the wrong position for starting? Your glow plug could be out too. When someone only says 'it doesnt start', there is not a whole lot to go on for troubleshooting.
Rysuleod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The servo should not cause the engine not to start, unless you dont have the idel is not set right. Take a look into the carb and you should see a small 1/8th" gap atleast. If the screw it set ok its the LSN or HSN.
Need Track TShirts?
http://www.facebook.com/AmericanGFX
Nitroaddicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

Sometimes when I pull the string sometimes it sounds like it wants to start if it where a bad glow plug what are the indications
Old 08-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

I followed the directions in the Duratrax manual and I made sure the servo was parallel with the car still confused checked the carb there is at least an 1/8 of and inch gap

Last edited by personwitharc; 08-10-2006 at 11:01 AM. Reason: additonal info
Old 08-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

If you spin the flywheel in your fingers is it difficult or is it easy to get it to turn over. Easy would equal a loss of compression obviously. As for the servo, unless you mounted it backwards or something and your trigger pulls were actually reversed than I cant really determine whats wrong: even if that was the case it wouldnt explain not being able to start.
NiTeHaWk4787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Flywheeel is hard to turn
Old 08-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #8
Tech Addict

There shouldn't be more than a 1.5mm to 2.5mm air gap! 1/8 of an inch is way, way too much. If that is what it really is (1/8") then you are probably way fat on the LSN and that is why it won't start.

My .02!
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Default starting

well it is tough to help you out thru internet with starting issues, but we'll try. just to check make sure you have fuel, line is connected, new glow plug that is recommended for that motor, at this point disconnect throttle servo from the carb, glow ignitor is fully charged or new battery in it, remove the air filter turn idle screw so slide it open a bit, then pull cord with finger over the outlet on the pipe to prime the motor. then pull it it should fire in four to five pulls total. also make sure filter is clean and oiled when you do get it running before you replace it. reset low speed needle and high speed bake to what manual said it was from factory then retune once its running.

hope this helps good luck
octane3117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

Default Is mi Sirio death??

I`m having a similar problem with my sirio .21 BX engine, it starts very easily but after a few turns and jumps it dies without any reason (mostly when I land from a jump), I tried changing the glowplug for a new one, chequed the fuel lines, chequed for air leaks, etc.. without any improvements, what did I noticed is that the crackshaft turns easily without effort, the engine is almost new (it has less than 12 runs) and never overheated, do u think the compession is already lost??
elchoclo is offline   Reply With Quote