R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs down Horizon hobbies customer service( delete! They are sending me a new reicever!)

please delete, they have taken care of me!

Last edited by josh the 2nd; 08-02-2006 at 02:59 PM.
josh the 2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

YOU BOUGHT ANOTHER RECIEVER!!!!!!

Contact the Better Business Bureau asap.....

I have to say, Nomadio has had the best customer service I have even seen... I had a problem with 1 of my transcievers, mailed it to them and within a week I had a new one at my door....
Old 08-02-2006, 06:41 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

that sucks, but I've personally always had A+++ service from horizon, I had a JR Z9000s servo that quit working, and a telemety module that quit working, I sent them back to them, they fixed the module, and sent me a brand new servo in the package and everything, more or less no questions asked,

I also had a freind that sent in a discontinued JR servo that wasn't working, they sent him a brand new 8800 to replace it, this is actaully the first time i've heard someone that wasn't happy with their service,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I sent them a 6 month old RS300 synth receiver that quit. It had been in an indoor only electric for 3 months and a 1/8 (packed in foam) for 3 months but taken out to be dusted off every two races. They told me I was SOL. Some 3 year warranty...

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:08 AM   #5
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I've had nothing but outstanding coustomer service,with all of my Spektrum stuff.A+++ Sorry to hear about your service.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

SORRY TO HEAR AS WELL, I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT BEST OF SERVICE PROVIDED FROM THEM.
vic0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Well, before this I LOVED the way they did their buisness! With my mini-t, the servo and esc quit, sent it in, they sent me back an esc and servo new in package. My mini lst, tires kept breaking, so they sent me new hex's and diffs, also tires to fix the problem. GTheres probaly a few more things that they have done good but in my book one wrong dosen't make a right. If they sent me my reciever I'd be happy, still would buy from the company, and have no problems. But if they don't send me what is rightfully mine I don't know if I want to own any thing they make.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #8
Tech Adept

They contacted my dad today and told him that they are sending him a brand new reciever in the mail today, if they do I will bevery happy.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You should also delete this thread... as all will be taken care of.
LSUsportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsportsfreak
You should also delete this thread... as all will be taken care of.

I don't know, I guess it depends on how you look at it. I have always receivied 100% from Horizon and once again they make it right with the custormer. It was probably just an oversight on there part and they got it figured out and took care of it. This is the main reason I buy from them.
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #11
Tech Rookie

I see no reason to delete the thread. Otherwise people that have previously read it (like myself) might not know that horizon corrected the problem. I haven't yet ordered anything through Horizon but I have with Stormer and Tower. I will not hesitate to order through horizon hearing they solved your situation.

I have nothing but great things to say about Tower. They've bent over backwards for me on several things. I actually ordered batteries that I thought would come as single cells but instead were stick packs. I didn't want the batteries so I called them to arrange to send them back. Tower actually sent me a shipping label so I wouldn't have to pay the shipping for my own mistake. Now that's service!!!!
Brad_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:57 AM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Panther

Horizon has bent over backwards for me it seems like. That is why I strictly run their stuff in my cars. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! If I've ever had an issue with anything of theirs, they honor their word and fix the problem.

-Seann
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote